Question What brand of llithum tool

battery is most using to power LiveScope? Is the base the battery fits into to supply the power to LiveScope a special order item? I don't remember seeing just a base for sale in any of the big box stores. Thanks for your help!
    Suppose to be lithium above.......sorry about that.

2. Member
    Yes you have to order the base I don't think any box store would have them. I'm in contruction so I was going to go this route with makita that's what we have. But instead just ordered 8 gauge on Amazon and ran that super easy off cranking battery to a switch to turn black box on and off. But to answer your question I would say any of the big batteries just like construction. Milwaukee , Mikita probably best then dewalt, ridged etc. I know some are trying the cheaper knock offs but haven't heard any reviews. Don't think a designated 8 gauge to a switch can be beat though.

Not sure I understand your question?
    First you must figure what you are running the battery to, and how many amps it will draw. Then multiply that by how many hours you want to fish. So if your depthfinder and black box draw 3 amps and you want to fish eight hours, 3 x 8 = 24ah battery is needed.
    Drill batteries are Lithium Ion cells. Crap and do no put out the rated ah. A proper Marine Lithium LiFePO4 cells ah ration will be fairly accurate and have a very good warranty.

TheLiFePO4 cells
    Last edited by MonteSS; 06-18-2022 at 11:34 PM.

4. Member
    I think a lot of peaple who say these aren't big enough don't take in to account us guys who have ten plus batteries lying around grab three in the boat and be fine. Though I would say the Big ones That's what my buddy does just like in construction one runs down to say 11 you slap in another. Like I said above though I feel running 8 gauge to a switch off your cranking battery or trolling even though peaple will say that won't work but some do.

5. Member
    If you move from spot to spot often running it off the cranking battery works fine. Just be sure to use big wire.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    If you're looking to increase voltage check out our 16v-60ah Lithium Electronics Battery with Bluetooth, its more than adequate to power your units all day

https://www.impulselithium.com/produ...onics-battery/

7. Member
    I ran the 106 sv off of 5 amp Makita batteries for awhile. It would power it for about 2 hrs. I ran the 93 uhd and the black box off of the starting battery. It worked fine but I eventually installed a deep cycle that I had laying around from a used boat that I bought under console to run all of the electronics. I haven't been able to run it dead yet.

Unless you have a lot of the drill batteries already, just get a quality proper 30ah-60ah Lithium designed to do the job. Ionic, Impulse Dakota, Amped, etc. They will run all day and normally have a 10-12 year warranty. A higher voltage bat will not run any longer than a standard 12v. It's all about the cell type and ah rating
    Last edited by MonteSS; 06-25-2022 at 12:16 PM.

9. Member
    I use the amped outdoors 16 volt 18 amp hour lithium battery & couldn’t be more pleased. I made a battery box from one of the harbor freight 50 caliber plastic ammo boxes & put 2 sae connectors on one end to plug head unit & black box into & one on other end for a charging jack & never have to remove it from the rod locker. Also velcrod box into rod locker so it doesn’t move. Works great & no problem fishing all day with it. I just plug it in when I get home the same as I do my onboard & good to go.