Lake seminole fishing report

Went this morning for a half day. Water was beautiful, very clear throughout the main lake and swimming pool clear in Spring Creek. It was about a foot low and no current anywhere in the lake that I could find.

Water Temps in the mid 80's everywhere I went- the hydrilla hasn't yet topped out but it's close. Most places it was only 2-3 feet from the surface. I caught four total, all nice little chunks between 2-3 pounds. By 1030 it was too hot to enjoy lol. I caught two in the morning on a white buzzbait in the mouth of the Hooch and then two later dropping a shakey head trick worm on standing timber in Spring Creek.

View rece.jpg

2. Member
    Sweet! We passed thru last week. Miss fishing up there, lived on Talquin for awhile.
    Unfortunately, we have zip for seasons here ... other than snowbird, hurricane, etc.
    Did load the RTIC cooler at Bradley's, before heading home. We're good for a bit.

3. Member

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Sweet! We passed thru last week. Miss fishing up there, lived on Talquin for awhile.
    Unfortunately, we have zip for seasons here ... other than snowbird, hurricane, etc.
    Did load the RTIC cooler at Bradley's, before heading home. We're good for a bit.
    If we can get a solid front to come thru and dump a bunch of rain the lake will be off the chain. June is usually a good month on Seminole but we just haven't had any rain so there's been no current. The lake has been stagnant for a couple weeks now so the first bit of current that hits that lake and the fishing will be bananas

5. Member
    Used to get excited like a school kid before speck season.
    More excited than even bass fishing. Miss those dinners.

We have a club tournament there Saturday. I expect to stay in Spring Creek.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
    We have a club tournament there Saturday. I expect to stay in Spring Creek.
    Whew, God bless you guys. High of 99 and the hydrilla gnats are just getting swarmed up. Good Luck! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    Whew, God bless you guys. High of 99 and the hydrilla gnats are just getting swarmed up. Good Luck! lol
    It's supposed to rain tomorrow. Never thought I would welcome rain on a tournament day.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

9. Member
    Sure miss those Hydrilla gnats. Use to apply white sunblock and would wear, and eat plenty of those things. And would normally be catching decent ones out of the Hydrilla at the same time.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    Sure miss those Hydrilla gnats. Use to apply white sunblock and would wear, and eat plenty of those things. And would normally be catching decent ones out of the Hydrilla at the same time.
    You know, funny thing about that. I've always found biting fish where the gnats are swarming. Supposedly they swarm the thickest when they're hatching in a certain spot. My personal theory is the small baitfish move in and eat them when they're hatching, the big bait fish show up next and the bass of course follow

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
    It's supposed to rain tomorrow. Never thought I would welcome rain on a tournament day.
    How'd it go? @Olebiker

How'd it go? @Olebiker
    It was tough for most of us. It took less than 14 pounds to win it. It only sprinkled on us for a few minutes, but it stayed cloudy all day so the fish stayed scattered. At least that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Hydrilla gnats were not a problem.