White boat with flake

Anyone have a picture of a white boat with flake in the paint as contemplating it but can not seem to find pictures to give me an idea of what it looks like. Specifically White with a blue flake.

Thank you
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

2. Member
    text me and I can send photos 217 971 0808 I have a Z19 Nitro

I don't know if this is what you want but it is a white boat with a blue poly flake accent, red poly flake pin stripe with a river mud line.

sounds pretty- not sure I've ever seen one.

5. Member
    Flake is applied in clear gelcote over another darker color, usually black, because clear gel has very little UV resistance and yellows easily. Years ago, Champion offered a color called Crystallina. Was white with flake over it. They only made 3 boats that color because they turned yellow. My dad was a dealer and sold one of them. Champion replaced the cap with a different color after 5 months.

6. Member
    stratos 3.jpghere was my white stratos? not sure what you are looking for either?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

7. Member
    Ranger has a white gel with white flake. I think it was only available as a pinstripe.

8. Banned
    I think a white flake would look cool. Can't say I've ever seen white flake on a boat though.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    Ranger has a white gel with white flake. I think it was only available as a pinstripe.
    They did it on the whole boat at one time I thought. Always thought white flake would look awesome. A white pearl flake. I think what the op is looking for I've seen but can't place when or where. It was a white boat with a very small amount of blue flake in it kind of like how they add a small amount of red or blue to black flake sometimes

10. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    My chevy was a metalic white. You couldn't tell unless the light was low or just right. In the sun it just looked white. Really nice when you could tell, but pretty dissappointing most of the time. My $.2

11. Member
    What about the all white/black pin stripe Ranger that Orlando Wilson ran? I always thought that was a sweet rig.

12. Banned
    I have an old 2001 TR-21 Triton that is mostly white with black pins and silver flake panel. Gel and Flake still perfect.

I do need to wax and polish her and really detail all the glass, just been rebuilding the interior, plumbing, electrical and add LED lighting.

You can send me a pm or email and I will send you a few pix of her, if it will help what your after.

I have no idea how to put up pix here.

13. Member
    I have a white boat with flake (silver and grey). It wasn't my first choice of color but it was the only one available at the time with no wait. It took a while for me to warm up to it but I now like it except for a few things. Of course you better wipe it down a lot or it will look like the picture above Every little scratch or mark shows up on the plain white part. You have to get close but you can see them. Not a problem for most people but I'm very anal about what my boat looks like.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

14. Member
    White gel is easy to repair

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XRD View Post
    Flake is applied in clear gelcote over another darker color, usually black, because clear gel has very little UV resistance and yellows easily. Years ago, Champion offered a color called Crystallina. Was white with flake over it. They only made 3 boats that color because they turned yellow. My dad was a dealer and sold one of them. Champion replaced the cap with a different color after 5 months.
    I like those seats are they original with that boat

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    stratos 3.jpghere was my white stratos? not sure what you are looking for either?
    I like those seats are they factory original

17. Banned
    Guys, I am not a flake person of any kind, it's not as uv durable, but my biggest problem is I know the fish see it with all the sparkling from the sun hitting the flake with different angles as the boat moves and the sun as well as any light hits it

Just doesn't make a good fishing rig or a durable boat finish. My 2001 has perfect gel coat and flake panels as it was a barn find.

Even original seats and carpet that has cleaned up great.

I have been messing around with the idea of putting a decal over my flake. To help address both issues I have, any of you think about this?p

18. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Lots of flashy boats win tournaments and a well maintained flake boat will look like it is new a long long time. Gel seems to show scratches worse than flake.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fish stick View Post
    I like those seats are they factory original
    all original but a small patch where the center step up is (professionally done)
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

20. Member
    Top cap has same flake.
    Attached Images Attached Images