Ranger Gelcoat Repair

Have some unfortunate damage on my hull due to poorly maintained docks at local launches.

Already ordered the gelcoat from Ranger but have a couple questions.

1. In addition to an MEKP activator, I assume a hardener is also required?
    2. What is the proper ratio of gelcoat, activator, and hardner (if required)?

Any recommendations or suggestions would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Arron

2. Member
    No expert here but the MEKP in your s what kicks the gel coat to allow it to harden, also it should have directions on mixture, more then lickley2%

How are you going to apply this, brush on or spray, also your last coat should have wax added so its not stick to the touch

If spraying it on your going to want to cut the gel coat, there are many options on that, Styrene, Mek, Duratec, etc.

3. Member
    ask in the restoration area in top section also
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    Thanks for the info! Couple small scratches so I'll be filling by hand. Still working out all the details but I plan to apply and cover with wax paper to promote proper curing. I'll add to the recommended restoration forum as well.

Thanks!

5. Member
    Seems like 1 oz of gel needs 10-12 drops of activator. Mix well and then apply and cover with “the wax”. I order the wax from Ranger as well and brush it on after the gel has set for about an hour. It will seal out the air and let the get cure. Works better than wax paper. Several light coats of gel work better than one heavy coat. You can find some videos on YouTube to help.

6. Member
    Thought you mixed in the wax on last coat. Not sure