Anybody remove the port console cover off?

Did some cleaning and tackle rearranging in my 1880. When I had my head underneath the front port compartment, I saw some wires dangling. 4 wires to be exact. A small blue pair probably 16 or 18 AWG. And a pair of 10 AWG. I assume the blue would be for the LED strip but what would the 10 AWG be used for in the passenger console?

Also, is the cover held on by 2 self tapping screws? That's all I could find feeling around. There's a 3-4" hole near the middle for some reason and a smaller 1" hole near the gunnel side.

If it's how I think the port side is built, no wonder I get moisture in that bin.

I also discovered this cover is a source of some of my rattles with tye poly interior.
    Last edited by BoatNoobie; 06-17-2022 at 12:27 PM.

2. Member
    I sure wish that area would be a cooler if the boat was not a dual console. That is my only layout complaint I have with mine.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

3. Member
    My dealer told me that the port side was pre-wired for lighting under the passenger console.

Pre wired and set up for a dual console. Like Kenny I wish that area was an ice chest/day box.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

5. Member
    Late bump of this thread but what's on the passenger console that needs 10 AWG? I'm running light wires. Will tap into the strip blue/yellow cable for the lights in rod and port. Will run starboard straight to underneath driver console.

The 10 AWG black and red wire are terminated with butt connectors. I don't see these cables underneath the driver console so note sure what they are actually for.