93 evinrude intruder 150 fuel?

93 evinrude intruder 150 will run fine for about 2 min at wide open throttle then it seems like its starving for fuel.....but will idle fine still

2. Member
    Sure it can do that if there is a restriction on the fuel pickup, the anti siphon valve restricted, a restricted primer bulb, multiple fuel tank selector valve restricted, restricted fuel filter, collapsed or ethanol damaged fuel line between the tank and the engine. Don’t forget The fuel system is almost 30 years old.
    you need to inspect / correct all of these parts in the fuel delivery system otherwise a major fuel restriction can cause major engine failure.

3. Member
    Could it be a dirty fuel filter....there is some dirt in the filter when i look at it...the one on the motor and when i hold it up fuel dosent leak right out it almost sits in the filter....i have checked all the hoses as well as vent it has a fuel shutoff that ive never messed with

4. Member
    A dirty fuel filter would be a restrictive fuel filter. Only replacement will prove it out.

5. Member
    Just weird that im not getting an alarm for fuel flow restriction and it seems as though its a fuel issue

6. Member
    Unless the fuel restriction sensor is not working.

7. Member
    Could it have something to do with the primer bulb i got one from academy rather than getting an oem one

The alarm would sound only be for a fuel restriction in the boat or motor's system up to the fuel pump inlet. A weak fuel pump, clogged jet(s), or partially plugged hose, carb, or passageways would not give a warning.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbittner677 View Post
    Could it have something to do with the primer bulb i got one from academy rather than getting an oem one
    Key bit of new important information here. Did the problem start after you installed this bulb? If yes, then most likely. Non OEM bulbs have been known to cause fuel restriction problems.

10. Member
    Started beore but i am curious when i rev the engine from under the cowl it wants to die....if i do it from the throttle by the key its fine....does it increase timing when reved in nuetral from the throttle lever?

11. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Yes.