Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Vessel View Option??

Quick question....

Thinking of installing the vessel view mobile on my 22 cx20 pro. I just don't trust the fuel gauge currently on there. My question, is it possible to install vessel view mobile and keep all the other readouts on the medallion gauge? My trim, rpms, hours all work perfect on my gauge so I don't really want to lose that, just want to addon vessel view mobile. Is this possible or will vessel view have to completely replace the gauge?

Thanks!
    Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing. --Henry David Thoreau

2. Member
    Vessel View is completely separate. All Medallion functions stay the same. Vessel View is very simple to install.

I put it on my 2022 CX20 Pro for the same reason. I really like knowing how much fuel I have.

3. Member
    Agree with above. Mobile is on your phone

4. Member
    Which one is better? The mobile vessel view or the one that you run a NEMA gateway from the motor to your depth finder at the console?

5. Member
    I don't know about better, but I believe the price difference may be an issue.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasCobaltKen View Post
    Vessel View is completely separate. All Medallion functions stay the same. Vessel View is very simple to install.

I put it on my 2022 CX20 Pro for the same reason. I really like knowing how much fuel I have.

Thanks! Appreciate the info.
    Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing. --Henry David Thoreau

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Agree with above. Mobile is on your phone
    I am going with the mobile version, simply because it is easier to install and the vessel view link (to your graphs) will run you about $700 and the vessel view mobile is right around $200. I can look at my phone to check fuel and data vs. my graphs if it means saving $500 lol

Tell me about these Medallion gauges. Are they Smartcraft? If so, you may not need Vesselview. Anyone have a picture and brochure?

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

9. Member
    The Medallion is the multi gauge in Caymas boats, among others. There are many complaints about the fuel gauge inaccuracy. I chose to buy VVM rather than have the dealership attempt to correct the problem. I have little use for the other VVM functions.
    Last edited by CaymasCobaltKen; 06-17-2022 at 05:57 PM.

10. Member
    I have had mine replaced twice and reset twice! Caymas should share the cost of the Vessel view mobile or supply it with the boat until the gauge problem is fixed. 100% inaccurate all the time!

11. Member
    My gauge is no bueno either, if I calibrate the fuel then the trim goes wacky and vice versa. I have vessel view but have been waiting on a wire / cable for weeks so my fuel will display on my graph, also my RPM gauge no longer works, not sure if that is because it now displays on my HDS.

Does anyone's gas gauge on the Medallion work correctly?

13. Member
    My gauge does not work properly either. How does the Vessel View work for fuel? Does it just show you how much it has used for the day or does it actually ready from the sensor in the tank? I have no experience with the Vessel View so I'm not sure how it all works.
    Thanks!

14. Member
    My fuel gauge does not read accurately either. In my opinion Caymas could do a much better job on the gauge layout and quality if the gauges, after all a new CX21 is North of 90K. Does anyone know if the vessel view will link to your Humminbird units?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cpower23 View Post
    My gauge does not work properly either. How does the Vessel View work for fuel? Does it just show you how much it has used for the day or does it actually ready from the sensor in the tank? I have no experience with the Vessel View so I'm not sure how it all works.
    Thanks!
    As part of the VVM setup, you enter your fuel capacity and tap a full icon when you fill it. It measures usage, with gallons remaining being most relevant.

I filled this morning (50 gallon tank) with Medallion showing 48% and VVM showing 17.6 gallons. It held 31 gallons. It is not completely accurate, but may be due to inconsistencies in filling. It works for me.

16. Member
    My gauge either reads 100% or 0%. I've recalibrated it 3 times. I installed the vessel view and tied it in with my Lowrance HDS12. That issue is now resolved but I feel like I paid for a boat that should have had everything working correctly when it left the factory. LOTS of other issues as well. Everybody talks about how great Caymas' fit and finish is. They must have made mine on an off day because that is not my experience at all. Very disapointed in the quality of the build. On a brighter side, the customer service at the factory is top notch and they seem to really care about trying to make things right.

17. Member
    I have found with my fuel gauge when I start the motor, the gauge goes up to around 100%, then it slowly drops. When it hits the amount of fuel in the tank it starts going back up. It seems that it is pretty accurate but still frustrating to have to watch it. But if I see it drop to 50%, it usually takes 23-26 gallons on fill up. I wish the gauge was accurate all the time but at least I know where my fuel level is on each start.

18. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Same issues as others. Very inconsistent and much of the time never leaves 100%. I haven't spoken to my dealer about this or called customer service, but one would think that they would replace these bottom of the line gauges and use better. Heck if you get a merc built boat, merc monitors should be included.

19. Member
    Vessel View and Vessel View Mobile are different. I have SmartCraft gauges AND Vessel View Mobile. Vessel View Mobile plugs in to your engine’s computer harness then relays the info to your mobile device via Bluetooth. It is very accurate BUT you must enter the number of gallons you put in your tank each time you fill up or it won’t be accurate. It calculates how much gas you have from the engine’s computer. The engine’s computer measures how much fuel flows through your system and makes its calculation from that info. The computer knows the exact fuel flow so it is knows what the flow is based on your engine’s constantly changing rpm’s. It does everything in real-time. I have been using Vessel View Mobile for about 6 years or so. It is very accurate provided I remember to update the number of gallons I put in the tank. It gives you almost all the same data as the SmartCraft instruments such as water pressure, rpm’s, engine hours, engine water temperature, etc. I use it as a “third” instrument along with my 2 SmartCraft gauges. I have a built in usb charger in the boat so I just keep my iPhone charging all day & don’t have to worry about a dead phone at the end of the day.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

If the Caymas fuel gauge is that bad they should give you at no cost VVM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast