Anyone upgrading to the new 250SS??

So the New 250SS should start production this month and curious if anyone is going to be purchasing or upgrading to the new model? I see Dean Rojas is running the new engine but haven't heard any news of its performance. anyone hear anything?
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    If I had one with a tired engine I would consider it for sure, but mine has probably less than 100 hours since I put it on in 2015, so I’ll keep her.

3. Member
    I'd probably wait until more of the pros get them on their boats and see how they perform to include the new props that go with the 250SS. I only have 148 hours on my current 250SS & I'm pretty happy with it and have no reason to get a new outboard.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

4. Member
    Booter, how do you like your Lynx?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by procraftokie View Post
    Booter, how do you like your Lynx?
    I like the Lynx for the most part. My only real complaint that I have about the Lynx is that it doesn't handle tournament take off slop very well because the bow catches really easy. Plus it doesn't hit it's sweet spot and be on pad until you hit 50 mph, but once you are on pad, it's like riding on a cloud. If I had known that Bass Cat was coming out with the Puma STS, I would've held off and ordered one of those, but I got a good deal on the Lynx since it had the Suzuki which I'm familiar with vice a Mercury which are temperamental.

6. Member
    I saw the puma Sts at the MLF event. It was sweet.

7. Ryan_8
    I put a deposit on the new 250ss back in May. I am still waiting on a delivery date. It will be on a 2005 Ranger Z21.

Quote Originally Posted by rschweissguth View Post
    I put a deposit on the new 250ss back in May. I am still waiting on a delivery date. It will be on a 2005 Ranger Z21.
    Keep us updated I'm watching for them. Need to pick a motor for new ride or repower.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

What is different about the new 250 compared to the old 250?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big dreams View Post
    What is different about the new 250 compared to the old 250?
    Outside of the cosmetics, nobody really knows besides that it may weigh more and they recommend running 89 octane vice 87 gasoline. Plus there is a new line of props that comes with the 250SS, but no one knows the part numbers.

11. Ryan_8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    Keep us updated I'm watching for them. Need to pick a motor for new ride or repower.
    I am repowering from a mercury 250 xs.
    I looked at all three brands as I have no issues with any of them. The mercury/Yamaha's come with a 3 year warranty and the waitlist was over a year. The Suzuki comes with a 5 year warranty and they were hoping they could have one in a few months. Hopefully it comes in sooner as I am ready to be back on the water.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by booter View Post
    Outside of the cosmetics, nobody really knows besides that it may weigh more and they recommend running 89 octane vice 87 gasoline. Plus there is a new line of props that comes with the 250SS, but no one knows the part numbers.
    From what I gather, it's also going to electric controls (which I LOVE on my 300). I'm interested in theory props, as I'm able to spin my 27p Scorpion at 6200rpm.