2013 Optimax 250 ProXS --->2020 300R Repower

Mercury 300R L CMS, Mech - Ser #: 2B783689

Just installed a 2020 300R to replace a 2013 Optimax 250 ProXS. Going through everything before rigging it up. I have a 6 pin harness from the Opti rigging that says Fuel Paddle on it...has a 8M# but its faded off and I can't read it but it was plugged into the engine before. I do not see a connector on the 300R that accepts this 6 pin connector. Does anyone know what this harness provides and if it is needed with the new setup. For reference, I have a SC1000 gauge with an analog fuel gauge that also plugs into the back of the SC gauge with a pigtail. Smartcraft shows fuel remaining, fuel consumption, etc...so, I assume this harness provides that info.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Fuel harness connector is at the back of the engine (similar location as the clean power
    and 14-pin).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor