CAUTION! My new 2021 Vexus 1880 Tongue Jack - CAREFUL!!!

Have had rig out now some with no problems until Monday - when unhooking tongue jack, checking to hear click as well as move it before putting weight on it..........it collapsed to the side the second it came off the hitch ball, missing my feet by maybe 1". I've had bass boats since the late 1970's, a number of them and never had any problems at all with the jacks. I always listen for the pin click plus move it to make sure locked into place so no idea what happened? Very scary as would have taking my feet off if had landed any closer. That's a lot of weight coming down on the tongue. Had a friend come over with 3T floor jack to get it back up and on it's stand as I never leave it sitting on just the jack, use a heavy duty motorcycle stand to set tongue on and block both wheels. Love the boat, handles well, not out enough to check speed yet but Ca. Delta waters can get rough at times. Wanted to let others know to be very careful as could end up being very dangerous with serious injury to someone. Going to have to look for a heavier duty one I can trust, also not sure a 1,000# jack is sufficient.

2. Member
    I'm glad you were not injured Bob!

Here's the same topic we discussed earlier this year about the stock Vexus tailer jack due to this potential issue. I hope it helps and please stay safe out on the water and at home.

Please have a great day!

Vexus AVX tongue jack pin not locking warning (bbcboards.net)
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

3. Member
    Take a sharpie and mark the pin when it is fully inserted. That way you have a reference to do a visual check when you lock it in.
    Jack.jpg
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

4. Member
    Shouldn't have to do that on a new rig but will. Wonder what would be a better replacement jack that would fit trailer frame good? 1,000# rated jack is lowest I've ever had on the 10 other 18.5 - 19.5' bass boats I've had. Only ones that low have been 2 Bass Tracker Alum. from over 30 yrs. ago, those 18' boats only weighed 700#................

5. Member
    I don't have all the specifics because the boat in in storage. However I replaced the tounge jack with a little bigger on tonage (I think) but mainly for a larger footprint on the wheel. I went back to the OEM brand that was on there "Dalton" maybe. I also went with black. It fit directly onto the Vexus factory mounting plate with no modification.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 AVX1980 Sumit White
    150hp Evinrude Etec G2
    Ultrex
    Garmin Echomap ultra 106sv bow/console
    Joined the revolution 10/25/19

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim1 View Post
    I don't have all the specifics because the boat in in storage. However I replaced the tounge jack with a little bigger on tonage (I think) but mainly for a larger footprint on the wheel. I went back to the OEM brand that was on there "Dalton" maybe. I also went with black. It fit directly onto the Vexus factory mounting plate with no modification.
    Do you have the model number for that Jack. Bigger footprint is always better and black would match the trailer.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Do you have the model number for that Jack. Bigger footprint is always better and black would match the trailer.
    Based on picture. Probably this one.

https://www.dutton-lainson.com/prodd...php?prod=22335

Been thinking about replacing mine too for more beefiness. If I have to walk near the front of the boat, I always hitch up for the added support just in case.

8. Member
    This is about all the information I could find was an email. The person that helped me figure it out was Jessica Brock she was very helpful. Not for sure if this number on the email was the one I purchased or not.
    2019 AVX1980 Sumit White
    150hp Evinrude Etec G2
    Ultrex

9. Member
    Found the info
    Last edited by slimjim1; 06-19-2022 at 09:21 AM.
    2019 AVX1980 Sumit White
    150hp Evinrude Etec G2
    Ultrex

10. Member
    Appears that last number 22335 is the correct one as previous printout #6851 is not the same as the black jack on his rig. Thanks for that last post as due to my very close "accident" recently I am also going to put the heavier duty jack on my 2021 AVX1880. Like the black as well as slightly larger wheel width over the stock one. Hopefully that #22335 is direct fit replacement as do not want to have to modify it at all.
    Last edited by bobsquatch; 06-21-2022 at 07:28 PM.

11. Member
    so the 22335 is the direct replacement I wanted to switch out mine?