Converting from a single Balzout to dual Balzout mount

Does anyone have any experience with converting from single Balzout to a dual. The baseplate holes of the dual mount don't line up with the holes from a single Balzout; so, at least 3 new holes have to be drilled in the fiberglass. I'm a little concerned with structural strength with 6 holes all in the same area. Should I fill in the old screw holes with epoxy (e.g., JB Weld)? Is the factory mounted single Balzout attached with self threading screws or machine screws with nuts? Any suggestions are appreciated.

For those that want to covert from a single to dual Balzout, they have a conversion kit which provides a new base plate and arm and you use your old arm from the single mount.

2. Member
    I did on my lynx this spring when the single failed. The guys where quick to get me fixed with the parts I needed.

so I made the new sq base cover the old holes and re-mounted it. They are bolts with nuts and big fender washers. So far mine has been fine it has a helix 12 and a garmin 1222. It’s a really sturdy mount.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Generator;[URL="tel:12541606"
    12541606[/URL]]I did on my lynx this spring when the single failed. The guys where quick to get me fixed with the parts I needed.

so I made the new sq base cover the old holes and re-mounted it. They are bolts with nuts and big fender washers. So far mine has been fine it has a helix 12 and a garmin 1222. It’s a really sturdy mount.
    Thanks for your feedback. Having access to the extensive experience on this site is so helpful.