List of plastic baits that float? (3-6 inch baits

Anybody have a list of plastic baits that float...so I don't have to buy them all? Looking at ned/senko type baits. I know the Z Man TRD and the new (just out) Yamamoto 3" Ned Senko are floaters. How about others? Thanks! Scott

2. Banned
    If you already have the style bait your looking for try boiling them in hot water. I have found that most baits will float and are softer after you boil them.

3. Member
    Never heard of that...may give it a try (with an old pan!). Thanks

4. Banned
    Just put them boil water and wait until they float. If it works it will only take a couple minutes. Make sure when you pull them out to lay them straight and flat or you will add some memory to them when they cool. It is also a good way to take memory out of old soft swimbaits. Just dont let them boil as long.

Anything from Z-Man will float. They salt some of it which makes it a little more neutrally bouyant, but if you stretch and rub it a little the salt comes out.

All of the Xzone stuff I've tried floats, not as much as Z-Man, but it floats nonetheless.

Other companies starting to figure out a copy of Elaztech material are getting there as well. All of Nikko's baits are that super durable, bouyant material: https://nikko-fishing.myshopify.com/

Spro's new soft plastics advertised as "Duratuff" are apparently the same, though I haven't used them yet. Anything else called "TPE" or "elastomer" from other companies should be the same, too.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

6. Member
    Strike King finesse worms in Elaztec float

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    Strike King finesse worms in Elaztec float
    Good call! Any of Strike King's "3X" plastics will float, so the Zero and Z-Too/Baby Z-Too all fit the bill. They're all actually made by Z-Man for Strike King, and I think most have twins in both lineups. Note that the Zero/Zinker have a lot of salt in them so they will sink, but it can be stretched out as mentioned above. I'm fairly confident making those baits is how Z-Man's soft plastics really took off as they were manufacturing them for Strike King before their self-branded plastics were available.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

Robo worms float. I use them on the drop shot. Fish will often throw them and there they are floating, I go over and scoop them up and reuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Robo worms float. I use them on the drop shot. Fish will often throw them and there they are floating, I go over and scoop them up and reuse it.

Robo Worms SINK !! Zoom and Bizz Baits float along with the others mentioned and those that advertised to be floaters. Any bait with Salt infused will sink.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

10. Member
    i am pretty sure most of the original powerbait worms float, not sure if its enough to float a hook, but i think most of them float

Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    Robo Worms SINK !! Zoom and Bizz Baits float along with the others mentioned and those that advertised to be floaters. Any bait with Salt infused will sink.
    They float, I use them all the time on a drop shot. Float like a piece of foam. My Zoom Trick worms and Finesse worms sink for the most part, except for PB&J.

12. Member
    Roboworms sink. Pretty easy to test.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

Grandebass airtail wigglers have air injected into the tail which makes the tail float

14. Member
    I've had good luck with lures from this small company in East Texas called Double Z. Everything they make floats, unfortunately they don't appear to have a specific senko or Ned bait style in the lineup. Closest looks to be the T Worm and a 4" shaker.

https://doublezlures.com/