Prop Suggestion for 94 Gambler Intimidator DC

Looking for prop suggestions and pad to prop shaft height for a 1994 Gambler Intimidator Dual Console (19'3") with a Yamaha Pro-V 150. There's currently a 4 blade on it running 5200-5300 RPM's. I didn't pull the prop yet to see what pitch it is and I'm almost certain the prop shaft is 5-6" below the pad.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

2. Member
    For starters i would raise the motor up to somewhere around 2" to start and go up from there and see if that helps. keep an eye on water pressure min 13 pounds w.o.t. , and need to know what prop and pitch you are running before anyone can give you advice on any different pitch. Factory recommended rpm is 5500 i believe, and i think if you raise the motor it will get you pretty close and will be a whole different ride without the prop burried. Good luck!

3. Member
    Thanks and understood. I just didnt get a chance to pull the prop yet. I also read the Yammy Pro-V's are good up to 6000 rpm's as the limiter is 6200. I will definitely raise it when I accurately check the shaft height

4. Member
    No problem. Yeah I've heard the pro V is good to 6000 I just don't have any 1st hand experience personally so didn't want to suggest proping for more than factotory specs. i would suggest also posting in the gambler forum. That Will be a whole different boat once you raise the motor some. Good luck and be safe!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by red bullet View Post
    No problem. Yeah I've heard the pro V is good to 6000 I just don't have any 1st hand experience personally so didn't want to suggest proping for more than factotory specs. i would suggest also posting in the gambler forum. That Will be a whole different boat once you raise the motor some. Good luck and be safe!
    Well, its a 4 blade 25P Turbo II prop running about 4" below the pad. I had to raise the 6" Jack Plate all the way up to even get that.