Bravo 1 FS Question

Wanting to try a Bravo 1 FS on my 19 ft center console bay boat running a Yamaha 175 SHO. Current prop is a Powertech TRO series 4-blade, 13 3/4” x 21. According to Powertech it’s supposed to be similar to a Trophy. If I go with the same pitch in the larger diameter (15 1/4”) Bravo 1 FS, should I still expect the engine rpm’s to increase some due to the Bravo 1 FS design?

2. Member
    I had an underpowered 18' CC with a 115 Yamaha on it (even though the boat had a max motor of 115 sticker). I swapped to a Powertech SCD4 4-blade and it changed the boat entirely. Did not gain any top-speed, but the hole-shot was superb. The boat was actually enjoyable to drive with that prop. Pretty easy prop to turn too, which I think is what the small Yamaha motors need.

3. Member
    What are your rpm's and top speed with the Powertech?

4. Member
    Getting 56 mph at 5600 rpm. Max rpms for my motor is 6000, so I have some room to gain rpms.

5. Member
    My guess is you would probably turn a Bravo FS 21 pitch about 5800 rpm's. It should also carry a load better than the Powertech.

6. Member
    You normally pitch up 2" when you change to a Bravo since they are shallow pitched.