Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ionic bluetooth questions

First Andy and ionic seems to be looking into this as a application/app problem and a update to the app possibly will fix this waiting to be told. But One of my 12v 100ah batteries is not connecting to the app. The app is working for my other 2 batteries.(1 12v 100ah trolling/ 1 cranking 12v 125ah) I was wanting to know if or how many other guys have see or has this happen too.

2. Member
    I see all four of my Ionic batteries (one 12v 125AH cranking and three 50AH 12v trolling batteries) whenever I use the BT app both on and off the water and have had no issues since I got the batteries from Andy in the spring of 2021.
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

3. Member
    If I recall, I had this issue once. I deleted the app on iPhone and then rescanned for the Ionics and all 3 batts came up. Nothing to lose in trying that. You can also get a bluetooth scanner app that will show you devices broadcasting a bluetooth signal (I use "BLE Scanner"). It might help you determine if the error is with the bluetooth transmitter in the Ionic.

4. Member
    I have the same or similar issue I just got my fourth ionic battery. I have 3-100 and just got the 125 starter battery the app picked up my 125 battery but I lost one of my 3-100 batteries which I had prior to receiving my new battery. So only 3 batteries showing on the app.

5. Member
    I just tried the BLE scanner and it’s not showing the lost battery. Tried deleting the app but when I reinstall the app it gets it from the cloud and the results are the same only 3 of my 4 batteries showing.

6. Member
    Maineac same here… get with whoever you got your batteries from … Andy from Drewcraft is taking care of mine, I told him I can wait on the possible update to app since the battery is charging and operating well or they can warranty them. I waiting to see what they want to do. I was told IONIC knows about the bluetooth issues in a few batteries and with the update app all will work again.

7. Member
    I have had this problem with one of mine as well. I tried the scanner app and the battery does not show up. I have been checking the voltage periodically to make sure it is ok. So far so good. If there is an app update that fixes this it would be great. But I think it is a battery problem since the scanner does not see this battery as well.
    2007 Ranger Z19 - 225 Pro XS

8. Member
    Thanks mtdrop I got mine from lithium hub will contact them the beginning of the week if I find out anything I will report back. It seems unusual my three 100 trolling batteries showed up on Bluetooth no problem till I got the 125 and that’s when the problem started.

9. Member
    Yea mine work for about a week maybe two weeks with the 125 ah. Sure let me know what you find out.

10. Member
    I’ve talked with Jeff at lithium hub and he mentioned reboot my phone and then try deleting the app and start over none of this helped so he said when I can do without the battery for two to three weeks send it back. There sending me a shipping label it will be a while cause there’s lots of fishing ahead maybe in the fall sometime battery works fine and I will keep a eye on it.

11. Member
    Thanks for the update… I have sent Andy with Drewcraft some texts… said his rep told him to replace so I’m waiting to see how he wants me to ship… so I’m still waiting

any update on the no bluetooth on the ionic battery....I just got 2 12v 50a batteries had bluetooth for about 30 minutes of receiving them now nothing.....

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G P View Post
    any update on the no bluetooth on the ionic battery....I just got 2 12v 50a batteries had bluetooth for about 30 minutes of receiving them now nothing.....
    This may help. Check your phone app

Ionic Bluetooth app acting up (bbcboards.net)
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

14. Member
    This is a bit annoying. New battery. Worked fine for a few months and completely dropped off app. Deleted app, restarted phone, reinstalled app multiple times…still not showing

15. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    This is a bit annoying. New battery. Worked fine for a few months and completely dropped off app. Deleted app, restarted phone, reinstalled app multiple times…still not showing
    get up with me we can help with that, the update to the app affected a few phones and how they connect, there will be another update but we can get you fixed up before that.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    get up with me we can help with that, the update to the app affected a few phones and how they connect, there will be another update but we can get you fixed up before that.
    Drew I just installed 4. Of the 125 . What app should I use for my android phone. I haven't tried to connect anything to them yet except the charger.

17. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    on play store download IONIC BLUE

rename all the batteries
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

18. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Just an FYI, there are limits to how many Bluetooth devices can connect to your phone at once. Having a watch, speakers or another device connected COULD cause an issue to show up. I say could, because the limit isn’t a hard number because it depends on how devices have their hardware configured and can be as low as three or four devices at the same time.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

19. Member
    Just wanted to pass this along. I had the issue with one of my batteries not showing up on the app. Yesterday I was by the boat so I checked the batteries with the app. None of the 3 Ionic 50’s showed up. I checked the trolling motor breaker and found it was on. That must have drained the batteries over time. I plugged in the charger and then rechecked the app. All 4 batteries showed up. The 3 trolling batteries had 0 charge, the cranking was at 85%. After a few hours all batteries were fully charged. So...not sure but apparently totally discharging the one battery that was not showing on the app fixed that and it now is showing up.
    2007 Ranger Z19 - 225 Pro XS

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by POPPAB View Post
    Just wanted to pass this along. I had the issue with one of my batteries not showing up on the app. Yesterday I was by the boat so I checked the batteries with the app. None of the 3 Ionic 50’s showed up. I checked the trolling motor breaker and found it was on. That must have drained the batteries over time. I plugged in the charger and then rechecked the app. All 4 batteries showed up. The 3 trolling batteries had 0 charge, the cranking was at 85%. After a few hours all batteries were fully charged. So...not sure but apparently totally discharging the one battery that was not showing on the app fixed that and it now is showing up.
    Lesson learned, always turn the troll motor breaker off when charging or leaving the battery ideal for a long time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast