3/4 point increase anyone?

Just read in article that said the consensus among the money guys is a 70% chance of a .75 increase from the Fed tomorrow. I’m thinking it will be another .50 but who knows.

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I think it's absurd that the stock market is worried about wether it's .5 or a .75 knowing that we're gonna get several more hikes this year. But I'm not managing millions
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    Look back and you'll see me calling for multiple 1.0% increases.
    IMO, this should have been nipped in the bud early this year.
    At this point, we're screwed. The question is the perfume scent.

4. Member
    I think it is .75. The Fed called the Wall Street Journal and told them to give everyone a heads up. I think it only matters in the sense that when everyone starts projecting out .75 or more in subsequent rate increases, and then they project out what the fed funds rate will be at x point in time, and then they project out what PE levels have been when the Fed Fund Rate is x, and then we go on from there.

5. idbefishing
    .75 def will have SPY taking out the low of last year............took 6 months to erase all of last year gain and we still got 6 more months to go

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    .75 def will have SPY taking out the low of last year............took 6 months to erase all of last year gain and we still got 6 more months to go
    I'm not sure that the market drops we saw were not the market pricing in .75 already. The retail investor is always last to know.

7. Member
    .75 bps it is. Biggest increase since 1994, show projections to start cutting rates in 2024. Long road ahead

8. Member
    We can somewhat combat demand with rates but what about the supply chain. Worried that we are going to get soaring rates but low supply could keep prices up. Not a good combo.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NumberOne View Post
    We can somewhat combat demand with rates but what about the supply chain. Worried that we are going to get soaring rates but low supply could keep prices up. Not a good combo.
    We need a total overhaul of government assistance to force people back to work.