Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I run a Tempest Plus 26P 3 1/4" P2P in the summer and a Fury in the cooler months.

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

2. Member
    What kind of speed with the tempest? Does it lift the boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Jones View Post
    Tempest has a bigger blade and will bow lift way more than a fury
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    I run a Fury 4. The 4 blades just do everything better, except top end.
    Yes sir. Just trying to get a gauge on what others are seeing. Would like to try a 25 bravo 1 fs

bump

6. Member
    I just ordered a bravo xs 25 for my 819 pro it will get here next Wednesday. I will run and report. Question for anyone who has ran one...do I plu all of the holes to start with or leave two fronts open? Its a dog out of the hole now thats why I am trying 4 blade...not boats fault...high elevation.

7. Member
    If it’s slow to spin now try it with them all open to start. Interested in results.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

8. Member
    On my Ranger, I have 4 solid and then 4 partial. Seems like the right combo for my Merc 4 stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    I just ordered a bravo xs 25 for my 819 pro it will get here next Wednesday. I will run and report. Question for anyone who has ran one...do I plu all of the holes to start with or leave two fronts open? Its a dog out of the hole now thats why I am trying 4 blade...not boats fault...high elevation.
    Great! I really appreciate you letting us know how it runs.

You definitely don’t want them all open, you will blow out with the 4 stroke and won’t get out of the hole. Plug 4 solid and 2 partial to start

10. Member
    Got it out this morning for a few hours and here is what I know.
    Set up for reference:
    2021 819 Pro
    200 pro xs 4 stroke
    3.5 prop to pad
    Testing lake is 5,800 feet
    Bravo XS 25
    Two people and half tank of fuel
    20 PSI water pressure while cruising.
    Manual jack plate

Started with 4 back holes plugged and the front 4 with partial plugs, not sure of the size but guessing 1/4 to 3/8 hole opening. Little to no change getting out of the hole from the fury but only getting 3,000 rpm's with live wells empty and 2900 with them full while trying to get up. So I was able to get shallow enough, jump in and remove two of the partial plugs...no difference in RPM or hole shot.

We only had a short window this morning to test so up next will be to pull two more partials, leave the solid 4 and see what happens. I have a feeling I will need to start pulling some solid ones also. I think I can get the rpms up but here is what really bothered me...crap load of chine walk today and the boat feels really nervous. I ran 55 and it felt terrible, completely different feeling boat. Maybe bring the jack plate up?

Got it out this morning for a few hours and here is what I know.
    Set up for reference:
    2021 819 Pro
    200 pro xs 4 stroke
    3.5 prop to pad
    Testing lake is 5,800 feet
    Bravo XS 25
    Two people and half tank of fuel
    20 PSI water pressure while cruising.
    Manual jack plate

Started with 4 back holes plugged and the front 4 with partial plugs, not sure of the size but guessing 1/4 to 3/8 hole opening. Little to no change getting out of the hole from the fury but only getting 3,000 rpm's with live wells empty and 2900 with them full while trying to get up. So I was able to get shallow enough, jump in and remove two of the partial plugs...no difference in RPM or hole shot.

We only had a short window this morning to test so up next will be to pull two more partials, leave the solid 4 and see what happens. I have a feeling I will need to start pulling some solid ones also. I think I can get the rpms up but here is what really bothered me...crap load of chine walk today and the boat feels really nervous. I ran 55 and it felt terrible, completely different feeling boat. Maybe bring the jack plate up?
    Absolutely bring the jackplate up. Bravo is a much larger diameter prop and likes to be ran high. Mark your plate where your Tempest runs best, raise your plate .75-1” and run it. This is likely the issue with your hole shot as well. It will be sluggish if you’re to low….honestly I would raise it an inch and run it and let the boat tell you what it wants. You’ll know immediately if it’s more drivable…you may need to continue to raise after that or lower it back down slightly. 3.5 P2P is too low for a bravo 1…an odd pitched one at that

12. Member
    Copy, will raise an inch and go run. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Jones View Post
    Lower 70s all day but when the conditions are perfect 75/76. And yes. The lift is more than the fury.

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

14. Member
    Raised it one inch and things are looking up! No chine and ran smooth at 60. Porpoises at slow speed but I think I'm sneaking up on the set up. Thanks for the help.

Raised it one inch and things are looking up! No chine and ran smooth at 60. Porpoises at slow speed but I think I'm sneaking up on the set up. Thanks for the help.
    You may need to back it down a 1/4…the odd pitch bravos have extra tip cup, they’re a true 24 pitch but mercury added tip cup to make them run like a 25. Google if you’d like more info on that….if you have lithium batteries, I would think the odd pitch bravo would perform well if setup properly. Midrange punch and hole shot should improve.

16. Member
    919 225 4s with Atlas jack plate, power poles and ultrex with mega 360 adds a lot of weight up front, also have lithuim trolling batteries.
    I was checking into ordering a Razor XL from Mark but not sure now, after 3 emails still havent gotten the price for one.
    Other option I am looking at is getting a temptest, but not sure if I need a 23p or 24p.
    Have a fury 24p 5850 rmp in the winter 73 mph and a fury 23p 6100 rmp in the summer 71 mph.
    The 23p has good hole shot in the summer compared to the 24p.
    Seams like the Mercury 4s are slower that the 2 stroke from some of the numbers I have been seeing.
    2021 Phoenix 919
    2021 Mercury 225

Quote Originally Posted by Scott AU View Post
    919 225 4s with Atlas jack plate, power poles and ultrex with mega 360 adds a lot of weight up front, also have lithuim trolling batteries.
    I was checking into ordering a Razor XL from Mark but not sure now, after 3 emails still havent gotten the price for one.
    Other option I am looking at is getting a temptest, but not sure if I need a 23p or 24p.
    Have a fury 24p 5850 rmp in the winter 73 mph and a fury 23p 6100 rmp in the summer 71 mph.
    The 23p has good hole shot in the summer compared to the 24p.
    Seams like the Mercury 4s are slower that the 2 stroke from some of the numbers I have been seeing.
    A fury 3 blade is not a good propeller for that scenario. Whatever you get will likely need some tip cup added. You will want a 24 tempest if you go that route...a fury is stiffer than a tempest and a 23 tempest will have you at 6200+

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkstringz View Post
    A fury 3 blade is not a good propeller for that scenario. Whatever you get will likely need some tip cup added. You will want a 24 tempest if you go that route...a fury is stiffer than a tempest and a 23 tempest will have you at 6200+
    Thanks,

Trying dediced between the Razor xl 4 blade vs the Temptest. I have never ran a 4 blade prop, but did run a temptest on my last boat, but with a different setup. I may end up with the Razor, a tempest and sale one of the fury's after I have ran the 23p this winter.
    2021 Phoenix 919
    2021 Mercury 225

Quote Originally Posted by Scott AU View Post
    Thanks,

Trying dediced between the Razor xl 4 blade vs the Temptest. I have never ran a 4 blade prop, but did run a temptest on my last boat, but with a different setup. I may end up with the Razor, a tempest and sale one of the fury's after I have ran the 23p this winter.

PM me if you’d like and you can text me. My 919/225 pro xs will be here in a couple weeks and I have a very similar setup. I have wanted to call Mark and get him to work me a razor xl. He will shoot you straight. You’ll save me a lot of headache if you get one. You’ll likely need a 22 or 23 pitch…they’re very stiff

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkstringz View Post
    PM me if you’d like and you can text me. My 919/225 pro xs will be here in a couple weeks and I have a very similar setup. I have wanted to call Mark and get him to work me a razor xl. He will shoot you straight. You’ll save me a lot of headache if you get one. You’ll likely need a 22 or 23 pitch…they’re very stiff
    I need to talk to Mark before I decide to get one. He recommended the 23 Razor xl in a email, but also want to ask him his thoughts on the 3 blade razor for my setup vs the 4 blade.
    2021 Phoenix 919
    2021 Mercury 225

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast