Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Phoenix Propellers

Are there ANY phoenix/mercury combos out there NOT running a fury? What are you running and are you happy with it? (Obviously a SHO will be running a T1 or something different)

My phoenix 919 is slated to be built in a few weeks and am looking for alternatives to a fury. I've always been a fan of Bravo 1s on my other boats for carrying a heavy load, holeshot, midrange, handling etc....I cant find much info at all from guys trying anything other than a fury.

Fury 4. Slower than the fury 3 by a couple mph but who cares when gas is $5/gallon. Holeshot and handling are much better and can run 70 mph with no chine walk whatsoever.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Member
    I have a smaller boat - 2015 618pro with a 150 pro xs - running a 22p tempest plus. Great holeshot and handling. Just got it at the end of March and was able to hit 61mph under perfect load/weather conditions.

4. Scraps
    Came with a Fury 3 and just bought a 4B Razor XL. Haven't run the Razor a lot but like the way it handles so far. I needed a spare, but was also leary of the Fury slinging a blade. I do pull a tube a little too.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Came with a Fury 3 and just bought a 4B Razor XL. Haven't run the Razor a lot but like the way it handles so far. I needed a spare, but was also leary of the Fury slinging a blade. I do pull a tube a little too.
    That was going to be what I ordered since Bravos are so hard to come by. Please let me know how it runs! Thanks

6. Member
    Not a Phoenix but a heavy Ranger 521L / 250 Pro XS 4 stroke. Just bought a Bravo 1 XS 24 and will report back on it vs my 23 Fury. I am hoping for a better ride and more lift like my 2011 Ranger with a 25 Tempest. Will report back in a week. I was one of the lucky ones that threw a blade on 24 Fury 4 blade and will not put one back on my rigs. Scared the ,,, out of me.

Buddy has used tempests on his last two
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

8. Member
    I run a Fury 4, 24.5 pitch with cup added, blueprinted and balanced from Mark Croxton. This wheel is on a 2018 921PHX with a 250 Verado Pro, I run 4 Lithiumpros in the back with a spare Fury 4 and a dry back full of tools, two power pole pumps and a power steering pump for the Verado Pro.

I tried all of the wheels, all the different Bravo's, larger and smaller Fury's in both 3 blade and 4 blades, I tried them all, thousands of dollars worth of props.... LOL

I found that for MY SETUP, the Fury 4 as listed above was the perfect setup for my lead sled, amazing out of the hole, amazing on the top end, zero chine walk, yes the Phoenix walks and yes you have to drive it, but I did not want to always have to "Drive It", my setup tops out a about 74 MPH with lot's of lake and the right conditions, it's a 68/70 mph boat all day long not thinking about it.

It's just easy to drive and zero issues, I've had my wheel since 2018 and I've yet to have any issues with it, I've got 300+- hours on the motor/boat and never had an issue with slinging a blade. I fish on Rayburn 80% of the time, and this wheel is amazing when Uncle Sam is angry. Very stable and very predictable.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by therobzilla View Post
    I run a Fury 4, 24.5 pitch with cup added, blueprinted and balanced from Mark Croxton. This wheel is on a 2018 921PHX with a 250 Verado Pro, I run 4 Lithiumpros in the back with a spare Fury 4 and a dry back full of tools, two power pole pumps and a power steering pump for the Verado Pro.

I tried all of the wheels, all the different Bravo's, larger and smaller Fury's in both 3 blade and 4 blades, I tried them all, thousands of dollars worth of props.... LOL

I found that for MY SETUP, the Fury 4 as listed above was the perfect setup for my lead sled, amazing out of the hole, amazing on the top end, zero chine walk, yes the Phoenix walks and yes you have to drive it, but I did not want to always have to "Drive It", my setup tops out a about 74 MPH with lot's of lake and the right conditions, it's a 68/70 mph boat all day long not thinking about it.

It's just easy to drive and zero issues, I've had my wheel since 2018 and I've yet to have any issues with it, I've got 300+- hours on the motor/boat and never had an issue with slinging a blade. I fish on Rayburn 80% of the time, and this wheel is amazing when Uncle Sam is angry. Very stable and very predictable.

Hope this helps.

Rob
    Great info Rob. I didn’t know they made fury 4’s in half pitches. I’m assuming thats just a 24 with added tip cup? I ran a fury 4 on my Stratos for a while and it was a pretty good at everything but not great at anything. It was a good all around prop and wouldn’t be against running one again. Hopefully they’ve solved some of the issues with fury 4s and bravos slinging blades.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkstringz View Post
    Great info Rob. I didn’t know they made fury 4’s in half pitches. I’m assuming thats just a 24 with added tip cup? I ran a fury 4 on my Stratos for a while and it was a pretty good at everything but not great at anything. It was a good all around prop and wouldn’t be against running one again. Hopefully they’ve solved some of the issues with fury 4s and bravos slinging blades.

Justin,

They don't make it in 1/2 pitches, I had Mark add the pitch and cup. I think the reason I'm not having issues with the blade is because Mark worked it right out of the box?? I don't know if it's my particular setup, but it works like a champ and I've tried them all... LOL

I'm glad the information helped!

Rob

11. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkstringz View Post
    That was going to be what I ordered since Bravos are so hard to come by. Please let me know how it runs! Thanks
    So far runs nice. Took some messing around to get the number of plugs right. Like 2/3 plugs it planes nice. You'll like the price of the Razor a whole lot better too.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

12. Member
    I have a 2020 921 ProXP with a 250 merc 4 stroke. Ran a 25 Bravo at 71, but would only hit 5700 rpm. Lifted like crazy,Would have liked to tried a 24. Put a 24 fury on and hit 76 at 5980 rpm, way less lift. Want to try a 23 fury and a 24 bravo.

13. Member
    Tested out the 24 Bravo yesterday. Great hole shot and quicker to pick up speed than 23 Fury. Was not able to fully air it out due to wind and traffic at Lanier, but pretty sure this is going to my go to prop.

14. Member
    Following this thread. My 2022 919/Merc 4s 225 came with a 24 fury. I could only turn it to 5700-5800 but ran 76. I picked up a 23 fury and can turn it 5900-6000 but a couple mph slower. I think most guys just run whatever prop the dealer put on and don’t mess around much with props. There has to be some better combinations out there than just run a fury. I am around 3.25” prop to pad now. I wonder how high I can run the fury without having issues?
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

15. Member
    i have ran bravo and tempest plus and fury.... i prefer the tempest plus for my set up and bravo for back up...

Quote Originally Posted by wall View Post
    i have ran bravo and tempest plus and fury.... i prefer the tempest plus for my set up and bravo for back up...
    What are you running it on? did you get it worked?

I am a big guy and carry quite a bit of stuff in the boat. I'm also going to have lithium batteries. I'm going to need a prop that will lift and a fury probably isn't going to be the deal.

18. Member
    I weigh 185, carry a light to medium amount of gear, my front center compartment is very lightly loaded. I carry around 15-20 rods, no power poles and traditional batteries.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP

I run a Fury 4. The 4 blades just do everything better, except top end.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

20. Member
    Yeah I want to go as fast as possible when I want to go fast.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast