1- 36 Volt lithium. VS 3 x12 volt batteries Question

36 volt lithium battery VS 3 x 12 volt lead acid . Will the 40 ah hold up as long on charge ? Normal day fishing 6 hours ? Thanks

2. Member
    My team partner has a single 36v /40ah lithium trolling battery in his Triton 196 and I don't think it's ever gotten below 70%..... and we fish 8-12 hours on the Delta in heavy wind and current all the time. Had it for about a year now and not a single issue. He also has the Stealth (charge on the run) gizmo which helps keep it juiced..... just added a lithium cranking battery which should only improve how fast the Stealth recharges the trolling battery. So far I'm impressed, I'll be going that route too once my batteries need to be replaced

edit....he also has NextGen, same as printman
    Last edited by BDBR; 06-13-2022 at 07:40 PM.

3. Member
    I have a NextGen 36v/40A with the stand alone charger. Can fish 2 days for 5-6 hours and still above 65% charge. When it needs charging, it's back to 100% in 30-45 minutes. It's also a standard 31 series size so it fits in my BassCat aluminum battery trays. Bluetooth monitor with BAT Check app on my phone. Couldn't be happier.

4. Member
    I run two 36/40 Impulse, charge on the run, and Ghost. 11 hour practice day ran down to 61%. I want two incase you have a problem with one, just disconnect and your still running. I also fish the Detroit River so want plenty of power. To answer your question yes it will work, especially with charge on the run.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Give me a call to talk about getting you set up in the right system

205-965-8436

Bill

6. Member
    I chose 3x12volt lithiums for a few reasons.

At the time the 36v battery was on backorder.
    At the time there was no big cost savings to go single battery.
    If one of the 12v batteries go down, Ghost and Force trolling motors can operate on 24v, while if the 36v goes down your down.
    3 12v batteries also give you the option to toss a flooded 12v in while you wait for a replacement.
    3 12v batteries you can jump off of incase the starting battery dies and needs a jump, though I would recommend using a jump pack vs a trolling motor battery.
    3 12v 60ah vs single 36v 40ah
    I believe a single 36v battery needs a 36v charger.

Ultimately I decided if I were to go 36v, I would feel most comfortable with dual 36v batteries. This was cost prohibitive.

7. Member
    Thank all of you so much . I carry a small jump starter in my boat so if I need to jump start my cranking battery to get back to the dock I still can . I am going to go with the new 36 volt one battery . I dont fish tournaments so from what you guys saying its all I need for trolling motor . Thank You
    Last edited by log hopper; 06-14-2022 at 12:13 PM.

8. Member
    I keep a 12 volt NEXPOWER 2000 in my boat it also has usb port for charging phone . It will jump off a 7 liter engine I jump off a car with it ! Work great it comes in small case Amozon .

9. Member
    I had a Lithium Pros 36v battery. Took it out and replaced with 3 Ionic 12v batteries with Bluetooth. The 36v did not have an accurate way to know the state of charge. Went dead on me twice before I pulled it out.

10. Member
    Thank You friend for the information that answers my question

11. Member
    If you go the single battery route, don’t forget to pick up a charger that will supply 36v to one bank. I just picked up a single 36v battery and charger. Haven’t gotten to use it yet, but looking forward to it. Hope you enjoy yours!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toofy View Post
    I had a Lithium Pros 36v battery. Took it out and replaced with 3 Ionic 12v batteries with Bluetooth. The 36v did not have an accurate way to know the state of charge. Went dead on me twice before I pulled it out.
    Was there not an app that would connect? I say this assuming the Lithium Pro was Bluetooth capable.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Make sure to call me about the special BBC pricing on the 36v-40ah with Bluetooth, 10 yr Non Prorated warranty, $799 shipped

Bill

205-965-8436

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Was there not an app that would connect? I say this assuming the Lithium Pro was Bluetooth capable.
    Sorry I'm just seeing this. No the Lithium Pros batteries were not bluetooth. When I asked how to monitor the batteries, they told me to get a $200 external monitor which had to be drilled/installed in the boat. And it only monitored 1 battery.