Michael Burry on mortgage backed securities.

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Welcome to the boards.

Well that would certainly be an issue. He deleted that tweet already, which he usually does. I would hope something like that would make more headlines.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    Howdy!

I keep up with market and news often and haven’t seen any main steam media reporting on this yet. If you are on Twitter follow “burryarchives”

4. idbefishing
    Well, with no participation from the largest buyer of MBS and high interest rate, no surprise there.

5. Member
    I saw someone reference this on reddit. It seems like half the people there think this is a repeat of 2008. To say sentiment is low would be an understatement

6. Member
    We don't see a repeat of 2008. Our crystal ball says "Cord Free Bunging Jumping" and "Climbing on Greased Condo Ledges".
    What could possibly go wrong? COVID, hyperinflation, profit taking, famine, early stages of WW3, entitlement syndrome, etc.
    At this point, we're hoping to be wrong about a depression. We'd happily accept a 2-3 year recession, followed by recovery.

7. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Liesmann on CNBC is talking about why would you be a buyer in the morning when you know the Fed is a seller and you're gonna lose money by the end of the day. Interesting and scary.
    Thanos was the hero

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Liesmann on CNBC is talking about why would you be a buyer in the morning when you know the Fed is a seller and you're gonna lose money by the end of the day. Interesting and scary.
    If the credit market locks up the fed has indicated it will step back in. To what extent I have no idea.

9. BBC SPONSOR

10. Member
    Burry has been on a roll lately with his tweeting and deleting tweets. ^

Hard to decipher what it all means. Anyone?

11. idbefishing
    You’ll be more confused paying attention to all of TWTR noises.