Water Coming From Cowl 2015 Pro XS 150hp

When driving at very low speeds and the motor trimmed up even a little bit I get water dripping out the cowl, I ran it with the cowl off and did not see any leaks from anywhere at idle. Is this normal? If not what could I be dealing with? Thanks.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Not normal. Water leak somewhere inside the cowling, perhaps the pitot tubing (coming up from the gearcase) which won't leak when sitting still.

Moving your thread to the correct (2.5L) form. Please be sure to provide your engine's serial number when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RECollins87 View Post
    I had similar issue this past weekend. My motor has run great since I purchased (other than minor stalling issue I’ve posted about recently). After running for 20-30 mins at various speeds and then slowing down (clicked into forward gear, maybe a small amount of throttle) I noticed a small amount of water “spitting” from the rear lower cowling near the hole where water streams out and a small amount of smoke. Is this something to be concerned about?
    Please take a moment to review the ANNOUNCEMENTS at the top of the Forum.

Then, please open your OWN SEPARATE POST for your engine, rather than hi-jacking another member's post with questions about your engine. This is the second time in two days that I've had to remove a post from you, in this thread.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor