Thread: livewell Fill ?

livewell Fill ?

last week the SB side livewell would NOT pump water in and then the fill button light started blinking

this week I forgot about last weeks issue until I hit the fill button at the lake and it worked. Sometime after that it quit working, my buddy mentioned to me the SB side wasnt filling

any suggestions on where to start? it doesnt sound like a fuse

2. Member
    Fuses don’t blow, then unblow , then blow again.

3. Member
    I know they can be bad for getting air trapped on older models. Was the pump actually on both times?

4. Member
    Your fill button light blinking is interesting. Maybe the "fuse" is in the switch and it needed to be reset, then the same thing happened later. I can testify about the air getting trapped. Many times I will have to put the outboard in reverse with the fill pump on to get water flowing, evidently the boat backing up helps clear the air bubble in the live well plumbing. Good Luck

5. Member
    It works then stops.
    if i hold the button of the flashing light in for 6 secs the flashing goes away.
    then I hit the switch to turn it on to fill & I can hear the pump, so its getting power
    The pump quits after a few seconds & the switch starts flashing
    The recirc pump works

6. Member
    I just went thru this with recirculation pump , would run a little turn off run turn off blow the switch , marina said blockage I took apart blew lines out with hose put pump back in and still not working changed pump around that was working and works fine so replaced with new pump working good now , I did take the bad pump direct to battery and it ran but housing got a bit hot, so replace the pump next best thing.