Flo-Torq SSR HD hub question

2022 Mercury 200 ProXs 4 stroke
    SR# 3B180364
    Croxton Razor 3 21p
    Mercury Flo-Torq SSR HD 8M0101601

So I have my new Razor 3 blade from Mark and received this hub kit with it. Problem is I cannot seem to get the hub seated all the way into the prop. At least it does not appear to be. I cannot find ant pictures to show one fully seated either. I used the grease and all but am not sure its fully seated. Anyone with insight? Have not been able to get through to Marks. Thanks!

2. Member
    Install the prop and torque the nut to the proper torque.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    From the FAQ Section "SSR Hub Kits":

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ SSR Hub Kits
    If you're running an SSR Hub Kit, be sure to torque it ONCE for EVERY BLADE on the prop.

With the SSR Hub Kits:

-Insert the hub by hand or with a press (do not attempt to drive it in by hitting it, OR pull it in with the propnut).

-Split the required torque up between the blades (3 times for a 3-blade, 4 times for a 4-blade).

Example: 3 Blade Prop:

1. Install hub kit into prop bore by hand. Some 2-4-C or Dish-Soap will aid in installation

2. Install Prop and Hub onto the shaft.

3. Install washer(s) and nut, pull nut down with 1-1/16" socket until just snug.

4. Place first blade against a block/board (wedged between anti-ventilation plate and blade).

5. Torque nut to 20 lbs/ft.

6. Place second blade against a block/board (wedged as in #4), Torque nut to 40 lbs/ft.

7. Place third blade against a block/board (wedged as in #5), Torque nut to 55 lbs/ft.

(4 Blade props are similar, split torque into 4 settings).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Don
    on those hubs requiring 100 ft lbs and a 3 blade prop Is it correct to assume we should use 33, 66, and 100 for the three different blades?
    thanks for your input
    2021 Ranger RT188
    2021 Mercury 115 PXS CT 4S 3B038093
    Va Tech '69, '70, '74

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That's the theory.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Thanks for the feedback
    2021 Ranger RT188
    2021 Mercury 115 PXS CT 4S 3B038093
    Va Tech '69, '70, '74

7. Member
    Good stuff Don, Thank you. Got it pressed in and torqued. The instructions in the box said to 55lbs. Not sure what they torqued it to. Probably should ask!