Berkley powerboat heavy cover jig

Anybody use one of these yet? Curious how the head design does when flipping grass.

I bought one, the head shape seems like it would be really good, but it's significantly bigger/wider than I expected, almost like it's not made of lead? The hook seems pretty good at least. I haven't actually tried it yet as I just keep pitching around the All Terrain Grassmasters instead, but was overall a little disappointed in just looking at it. The Powerbait scent in the skirt seems to be a gimmick if that's the reason you're thinking about them...it's barely noticeable at all. I'm hoping that's one that under-promises and over-delivers. If Bobby Lane really had a hand in designing it, I have to believe it's at least decent. Interested to hear from others!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

3. Member
    I ended up buying the 1 oz to try. First impression - the head shape is large and wide like you said. Not a terrible thing, it does seem to come through the grass pretty well with only some minor hang ups. However I think there are better jigs for flipping grass. I really like the fusion hook - strong, stout, and a nice wide. gap. Seems sharp out of the package, we’ll see how it holds up.

The skirt still smells pretty strongly like the power bait formula after two outings.

Thanks for the update! Good to know your skirt had a strong scent that's holding up well! I must've got a dud. Since it sounds like they have actually figured it out, I'm hoping they start selling PowerBait scented skirts that I can use to replace those that have been torn up on other jigs. Maybe it's because I grew up in the golden era of the TNN "Outdoor Block" and believing a 4" red shad Power Worm was the best lure on the planet, but I've always believed that PowerBait scent works!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360