Dutch Gap Boat Landing on the James

I had heard rumors they were closing this ramp down and when I was there last year the road was closed several overnights where they were doing some construction at the plant you wind through to get there. Can someone let me know if this is still open or the ramp has been closed? Thanks,

Ramp is still open.
    2010 BassCat Cougar
    2010 Mercury 250 ProXS
    Minn Kota 36V/112
    Lowrance HDS 12's
    Hydrowave

3. Procraft/Astro Boats Moderator
    Still as sketchy as ever too !!
    John Woodward

2010 Nitro Z8

4. Member
    Thanks guys

5. Member
    It's open. Chesterfield County at one time last year was proposing a big park and boat ramp launch out of the old rivers bend golf course.

County eyes Chester wedding venue as site for public boat launch - Chesterfield Observer

6. Member
    It's still open. Very busy. STill has buzzard issues. It's become a very popular place. 1/4 -1/2 parking spaces now being used by vehicles with no trailers. Lot of peole going down the trail and swimming from shore.

Ramps are good. Docks need a little work. I hammered down some toe-grabbing nail heads last weekend. The steps down the hill have some poison ivy growing thru the rungs. Watch out. Needs some brush-b-gone or gas on it.

7. Member
    From email on 3-3-2021

"The design of the Falling Creek ramp has just begun. We are expecting design and permitting to take around 18 -24 months. Bidding and Construction about 12-15 months. So say 3 years to be in operation. The Dutch gap Launch would not be shut down until the Falling Creek launch is in operation and may continue, if there are not issues with its use and the expected high volume of truck traffic on the roads associated with the Dominion Energy Flyash Project.

Our conceptual plans for the Falling Creek Launch are attached.

Thank you for your interest in our projects.

Respectfully-

Stuart Connock
    Chief of Parks: Planning and Construction Services"

8. Procraft/Astro Boats Moderator
    Steve you gonna use the falling creek launch ? I grew up about a mile away, That’s gotta be one of the sketchiest places on the river.
    John Woodward

2010 Nitro Z8

9. Member
    yeh osborne is much better place
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

10. Member
    Yeah, the apartments around falling creek don't give me any good feelings. I'm an old Bensley boy. Things sure have gone down hill. Wish there was an easy way to get to Osborne without giving $5 to cross I-295.

The proposed entrance to a Falling Creek launch is off of Bellwood Road (Burial Vault mfg on Jeff Davis) and drive past Fort Darling. Long ride up beside I-95. Will have to wait and see how it goes I guess.

11. Procraft/Astro Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Yeah, the apartments around falling creek don't give me any good feelings. I'm an old Bensley boy. Things sure have gone down hill. Wish there was an easy way to get to Osborne without giving $5 to cross I-295.

The proposed entrance to a Falling Creek launch is off of Bellwood Road (Burial Vault mfg on Jeff Davis) and drive past Fort Darling. Long ride up beside I-95. Will have to wait and see how it goes I guess.

O wow, didn't realize that was going to be the proposed entrance. I know they are talking about making a park in that area. I grew up just on the other side of 95 near the old Helig Meyers and Bellwood FCU, things have definitely changed over the years thats for sure.
    John Woodward

2010 Nitro Z8