Yamaha ox66 convert to fuel pump

OK guys, I've read all the blogs that I can find and I think I am ready to tackle this project of removing low pressure pumps and replacing with electric fuel pump. Here is what I have so far.

2000 ox66
    Block off plates from Speed doctor machine works (great guy to do business with!)
    Carter P4594 fuel pump and bracket
    Painless Performance 50102 fuel pump relay

I already have a 10 micron fuel separator installed but I going to replace all fuel lines while I am at it. Here are my other questions.

How much fuel line do I need and what diameter? Any specific brand?
    Is there anything else I need to tackle this project?
    Anyone have a wiring drawing of how to wire up the relay and pump to the vst tank?

Thanks again for the help!

2. Member
    If you have not done so, check this thread out, lots of info there about using the VST pump circuit and how to wire it.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ght=lift+pumps
    And this one, http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=539712

I placed a 10 micron (I think 10 but definitely very fine) glass filter ahead of the electric pump and then a 10 micron filter before the VST tank.
    I left the fuel primer bulb in ahead of the fuel filter and electric pump. I put quick disconnect fuel line fittings on both sides of the bulb / filter. With that setup, I can disconnect the bulb from the electric pump and use the bulb to drain fuel out of the boat tanks that has been sitting all winter or I can disconnect the primer bulb from the tank side and connect to a remote tank and use the primer bulb to get fuel to the pump to perform a decarb if I want. I have a small remote tank setup with the same quick disconnect fittings.
    http://old.attwoodmarine.com/store/p...less-connector
    No fuel spillage when doing any type of maintenance.

I plan to add a on-off switch to the electric fuel pump so when I want to power up my touchpad the pump does not run.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

3. Member
    Good idea! Thanks

4. Member
    Wire it directly to fuel pump so it only cycles if key is turned on that way if you have to troubleshoot with key on your pump won’t constantly run.

5. Member
    So this is my hurdle. 5 prong relay- pos and neg to power, pos and neg to fuel pump. My issue is the 5th or trigger wire. What wire do I tap into with this 5th trigger wire?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HookedAgain! View Post
    So this is my hurdle. 5 prong relay- pos and neg to power, pos and neg to fuel pump. My issue is the 5th or trigger wire. What wire do I tap into with this 5th trigger wire?
    Post up a photo of the wiring diagram on the side of the relay for confirmation of what relay you have and mfg / part number.
    Typically, terminals 85 & 86 is what you use to power the coil of the relay, this power will come from your VST high pressure pump circuit.
    Terminal 30 is typically where you bring your electric pump positive to and terminal 87 (normally open side of the switch) is typically the terminal that you run the positive wire from the relay to the electric pump.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

7. Member
    One last question. Where did you guys mount the electric pump?

8. Member
    I mounted mine starboard side battery box, at the front and on the divider.
    Photo is before I installed the quick disconnect fuel fittings.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

9. Member
    Awesome. Thank you guys! One last question. I was going to tap my trigger wire into the blue hp wire on top of the vst but there is too much in the conduit and I can’t snake a wire through there. I read where someone tapped into the tan wire on the oil pump. Is this the right wire to tap my trigger wire into?

10. Member

11. Member
    Use weed eater string to pull through rigging, very tight but can be done.