Can Someone Tell Me 2019 Z520L Vault or Cool hubs on Trailer

The manual states "Cool Hubs", but I have heard they are actually Vault Hubs?

Does any know and what is the routine maintenance that should be performed, procedures, type of oil/grease etc?

Just trying to do a little preventative maintenance for reliability.

Thanks in advance!

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Cool hubs is a generic term used for marketing. What you have are the vault style. They use a hybrid grease that is solid when cool and (more) liquid-like when warm. Service interval varies according to whom you ask, between 3 and 5 years. A forum search will yield multiple hits.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    They are not hard to service, and they're are some good youtube videos out there. I just did mine earlier this year and have pulled 5k miles since with no issues. I actually posted all the part numbers you will need on here some time back. 1 tube should do all 4 hubs. Pacific trailer has an entire kit you can get bearings, seal, o rings, and caps. Or Oreilly's will have everything but the grease...that stuff is special.

P.S. Buddy just had hub come completely off the trailer on his 2019, so I wouldn't go beyond the 3 years without showing them some love.
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

I’m probably on borrowed time. 6 years never seen a drop of a leak. No issues. Ain’t touched em.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Hard to tell where to draw that “if it ain’t broke” line, Dean! Sometimes darned if you do, and darned if you don’t.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Hard to tell where to draw that “if it ain’t broke” line, Dean! Sometimes darned if you do, and darned if you don’t.
    Whats really crazy is my bay boat has the vault hubs as well…been dunked in salt water obviously..it’s a 2015 and hasn’t been touched. Never a drop of a leak on those hubs either. I keep my fingers crossed every time I trailer that thing. (And keep sea tow trailer road side service)