Thread: Caracal Reviews

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchdiggerjcfII View Post
    Aren't you the guy that can't load a boat on the trailer?
    Nope.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    agreed. some people are just internet trolls and keyboard experts.... I hope the OP gets to go for a ride in a Caracal they are an awesome boat. I would trade my Cougar FTD for one in a heartbeat.
    Headed to a dealer tomorrow to look at a used. I would be ordering one but going to take a look at the used one to see if I like it. Dealer is supposed to have a conference call tomorrow at 3pm. Will find out possibly if there is another price increase. If so, hopefully it doesn't go into effect until after June and I could still order one now without the increase .
    But your comment and others I've seen about willing to trade in a cougar for a caracal tells me all I need to know. It must be one bad rig! Mainly concerned now with crawling around in one and getting a feel for the layout.

3. Member
    Amac, what I meant is that I'm still learning where to put the trailer so it'll power up to the roller the first time, without having to adjust the trailer. I promise you won't regret it if you buy one.

4. Member
    Agreed with the trailer depth and it changes based on the ramp slope

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralexan View Post
    Amac, what I meant is that I'm still learning where to put the trailer so it'll power up to the roller the first time, without having to adjust the trailer. I promise you won't regret it if you buy one.
    Ahh I gotcha. Yes, anytime I go to a new ramp, I back up slowly just to the point to where my boat barely starts to slide off on its own. I pay attention to where my front running boards are at. Like how much is out of the water or in the water. That way when I load up I know how far to back down.
    Yea, I am pretty much sold on one based off all the comments and reviews I've seen.

6. Member
    You will really enjoy it.I came out of a Cougar Ftd and haven't looked back.Love the ride
    and the front deck is great in team tournaments.More storage than you can imagine.

7. Member
    I think you’ll be pleased with a caracal. It’s a very nice boat that packs a lot of features and fishes bigger than its dimensions.

I have had a caracal since 2017, not a lot I can say that has not already been said. I did trade up to a 4s in 2019, and in my opinion really made the caracal shine. It’s pretty quick out of the hole, unless you are packed with gas, and live-wells full, then, it’s still ok.
    boat is solid as a rock up to 70mph, then it needs driver’s full attention! Fish ability is great, storage is good as well. Most of which have already been mentioned.
    get you one, and enjoy
    gene
    22 BassCat Lynx
    22Mercury proXS
    Hummingbird/garmin
    ALX rods/Shimano /Lews
    Maxwell Flying inc

9. Member
    Very good info here….now I want to ride in one.
    I currently own a Cougar but am considering a wider body Caracal/Lynx and the Eyra for my next one. I’ve just never ridden in a Caracal? I’ve only seen 2 around here on Lake Palestine.

just got my Caracal after LONG wait, got it in August, ordered in October. Absolutely love it, and am critical of things. Came out of a Puma, which was a rocket, but a little narrow for my liking on LSC and Erie. Now with LiveScope anyone else on the boat with me pretty much demands to be able to come watch the show. My buddy and I stand shoulder to shoulder at the foot pedal fighting to throw at targets we see on the forward screen. My reply is late i know, maybe too late, but its a great boat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123