Question about auto-bilge

Shouldn't auto-bilge just kick on at any time that it is needed without selecting it first on the A-10 dash? I guess auto-bilge could be accidentally activated by plastics or trash in the bilge, but seems like you wouldn't have a safety feature that you have to remember to turn on. I left mine in a slip while on the lake for the weekend and forgot to turn it on during a big storm. No real issues that night but it made me think that auto-bilge should always have power to it, shouldn't it?

The auto bilge can be left on or off. It is up to you. If you want it on, select bilge pump to auto then turn off the master power switch below the throttle. It will remain in auto as evidenced by the auto light being on. If you want it off, just make sure auto is NOT selected prior to killing the aforementioned master power switch. Note, If you kill power back at the battery, it will kill ALL power to the bilge pump and will not come on no matter the setting on the A10 panel.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    The auto bilge can be left on or off. It is up to you. If you want it on, select bilge pump to auto then turn off the master power switch below the throttle. It will remain in auto as evidenced by the auto light being on. If you want it off, just make sure auto is NOT selected prior to killing the aforementioned master power switch. Note, If you kill power back at the battery, it will kill ALL power to the bilge pump and will not come on no matter the setting on the A10 panel.
    learned something
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools