Thread: Electronics

Electronics

2022 ZXR 21 or other models.
    Has anyone added Garmin or Lowrance with their Humminbird. Not this year, but next year will be added Garmin livescope. My question is; do I need to run separate powers or can I tap into humminbird network power. Also should I be installing a 5th battery just electronics?
    I see a lot of 2 and 3 graphs on the bow and console from different manufactures. Just wonder how the power them? IF anyone has like pictures of their set ups as far as wiring that would like to share would be great.
    Thanks for the input.

2. Member
    I installed a livescope on a ZXR20 and when installing I ran a new pair of 8 gauge wire for the black box and a new 10 gauge wire pair for the unit itself. I think I may have seen a spare 10 gauge up front but if I am pulling new wire I might as well pull two new pairs at the same time. If I add any more electronics later I think I can use the spare 10 from the factory for it at that time. A batteries plus group 31 X2 battery should have enough power for most users I would think even if it is the only battery for electronics and cranking.

3. Member
    Just had Garmin 1222 and livescope 34 installed on my Skeeter Apex 2021 along with dual bow mount made be Bass Boat Technology, BBT. This bow mount is a custom fit that replaces your old plate up front. Great look and fit and sturdy. Your Garmin will be a direct wire to your battery with a Perko on off switch. As long as your battery is AGM, you don't need an extra battery, motor will charge while running.