Thread: Road dings ?

Road dings ?

I’m in need of real help saved for thirty years and bought a new Phoenix in 2021 always garaged never towed without rock tamers and I’m getting lots of bow chips down to white , any advice on how to prevent rock dings? I never have been off pavement, thanks for any advice!

2. Member
    I have always used the Towtector (15+ years) and have only seen a few chips here and there on the trailer which i chalked up to vehicles beside me on the highway. They are very durable, I still have my first one. Had to change when I got a truck with dual exhaust (Ram 1500). I used my first one without the dual cutouts and my exhaust melted two holes in the skirt! Ha! If not for that I would still be using it...

https://towtector.com/why-towtector/
    2021 Skeeter ZXR-21 with 250 Yamaha SHO, Pro II Power Poles, Atlas Hydro Jack Plate

3. Member
    Could you apply a 3M protective film? The product that they apply to the front of cars for protection.

4. Member
    Possibly, it just seems odd that I’m throwing up that much rock , my tundra has mud flaps and I have rock tamers behind that

5. Member
    Like mentioned above....get the thicker film and apply, that should help. There is a brand (cannot recall the name) of PPF (paint protection film) that "self-heals." Pretty incredible stuff. Detailers that apply ceramic coating to vehicles tend to carry it. Might be worth looking in to.

IMO some of those "rock tamers" can kick up more rocks than they deflect.
    any time those rock tamers touch or come within a 1/2 inch or so of the pavement there apt to kick up any small pebble they come in contact with.

7. Member
    Thanks guys for the information I’ll check into the clear film and check height on my tamers