lost trailering bracket on G2 250HO while towing!

Driving to Canada two weeks ago noticed my motor had tilted up enough to loosen the motor mate type bracket. I forgot about it and driving home yesterday it tilted up enough that I actually lost the bracket! Lowered the motor down onto the built in starboard flip down support. The motor continued to tilt up. The motor is wired to a power switch which was OFF and NO power to the motor trim after checking all the switches. Anyone ever experience this strange situation?

2. Member
    Start by checking the trim switch on the side of the engine. Those switches have been known to get water inside. Disconnect the wires..
    What about a bow mount trim switch? Maybe it is shorting internally?

How does it go up if there is no power to the motor. Your battery cutoff was off, right?
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

4. Member
    The battery cut off switch was off with no power to motor. We checked all switches to motor with the power on and off -all worked fine. The amount of tilt varied each time we checked it from none to full tilt once!
    We did have a fair amount of rain the first week. The motor never tilted driving 10 miles to the ramp each day. That is why I forgot it had tilted up on the drive to Canada.

5. Member
    Has to be some sort of power source. With your battery switch turned off, hit the engine trim switch anywhere. See if the gauges turn on. If yes this wakes up the emm to enable trim operation. Tell us more on your boat type, batteries and other electrical support. Is there some sort of device that auto switches between batteries in case the engine battery gets low?

6. Member
    2019 ranger 521L / 2 Lithium pro 12volt in parallel & 2 lithium pro 36 volt in parallel/ Power pro charge unit which was turned off using the app/
    390 hours on G2

7. Member
    pushed on everything with power off couldn't get motor to tilt

8. Member
    thought maybe put a voltmeter on motor and try to bounce the rig some how

When you are testing things don't forget that the G2 control arm trim switch, blinker trim switch and bow switch are low voltage... different than legacy models.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419