Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Live Scope Made You Better?

How much has Live Scope improved your fishing?

2. Member
    Improved my fishing efficiency? 100%. Less tired at the end of the day. Can go multiple days now and not be nearly as worn out as I was before livescope. Definitely benefits the body . The mind, well that’s another story .

3. Member
    As far as direct fish catches, only a little so far - only had it a year though. Lakes here are fairly unproductive, bass run in small schools and are bottom oriented/don't show up well on LS often (no shad, timber, current, massive grass flats). LS is improving my efficiency in targeting and waypointing isolated cover (boulders usually), which accounts for close to half the fish I catch.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    As far as direct fish catches, only a little so far - only had it a year though. Lakes here are fairly unproductive, bass run in small schools and are bottom oriented/don't show up well on LS often (no shad, timber, current, massive grass flats). LS is improving my efficiency in targeting and waypointing isolated cover (boulders usually), which accounts for close to half the fish I catch.
    Also the exact same here. Its great at finding weedlines / boulders, but I've only watched a handful of fish actually eat my bait on livescope. Need more time on the water I'm sure, typically when I practice heavily with it my catch rate sucks for that day.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

5. Member
    It has. I have learned alot in regards to cadence and drop speed to help make fish bite. I had my crappie phase and then it was whipers, it's fun but I honestly got it for Bass fishing and it has helped me become very efficient. I scan an area with my TM, if I don't see structure or fish, I don't cast, I just move on until I do see something worth casting to and often, it turns into a catch.

6. Member
    Not really

7. Member
    Without a doubt. It's fantastic on suspended spotted bass. Makes a huge difference on the lake I fish.

Greatly! If you're not catching any fish with it, give it time, but by 5 trips or so you should be seeing them and eventually getting pissed when you can't catch them. Right out of the box settings are e great place to start.
    Steve in Texas
    1999 ChampioN 203 DC
    2011 Mercury Optimax 250 Pro XS
    Ultrex 36v 112# - 2 10" Helix - 1 10" Garmin for Livescope Plus

Several friends have it. Not to mention my Lowrance buddies. Livescope is tool. If you know how to use it, it will be of some help. It will not make you a better angler. I think a majority think that once they have livescope they will instantly catch more fish. Not true! More frustrated maybe. Always remember 10 % of anglers catch 90 % of the fish regardless of elecronics.

Learning how to use your electronics is just as important as learning how to fish. Some will get it and others never will! Spending more money will not make you better. Practice, practice and more practice will.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

10. Member
    100% improved catches and confidence in where I'm fishing. Actually had my 9 year old son catch a triple and doubled up the next 2 cast last week. It's now easy to catch suspended fish as well as the one's on the bottom. I love electronics and honestly not sure I'd go without anymore. I know that sounds stupid to alot of people but I have so much confidence in using it and I feel I'm very good with it.

11. Member
    For me its had little impact on my largemouth fishing. Smallmouth it has helped a ton. Finding active fish on boulders etc is where the livescope shines. And of course its made me a crappie master lol
    2022 Gator Trax Strike 20 w/Suzuki 250ss

12. Member
    Livescope has helped me understand what happens when a boat goes by, they scatter away from the boat. With traditional 2d off the transom seeing a fish once in a while makes sense now, using long lines when trolling for walleye allows the fish time to come back.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eyedabassman View Post
    How much has Live Scope improved your fishing?
    I'll tell you how much. Before Livescope, I stopped fishing after memorial day and did not fish again until the last week of September. Now? The summer months are my most productive.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

14. Member
    100% improved my catch rate per trip. Can't count how many times I've caught a fish, especially in a tourney that I wouldn't have caught without it. Has made brushpile fishing a different world. Can throw anything around, over, through, etc without getting hung up. Never realized how effective a jerkbait/arigs are just over the tops of brushpiles is until I can do it repeatedly without getting hung up ad loosing $25 jerkbaits, arigs.

I know what my lures are doing underwater much more now. I catch bonus fish all the time. And I avoid rocks and logs that I would normally hit.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

16. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Crappie it’s a definite yes anything else it’s about 50/50

17. Member
    I think I find more structure and waste less time but I've told buddy's I don't think I catch any more well I might catch more but still have same weight at end of the day but it's cool watching them come up on top water plug and can call the shot my buddy's from the back watch me and cast same spots

18. Member
    It has allowed me to become far better at efficiency... especially offshore
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp
    2022 Mercury 225 ProXs 3B171157

19. Member
    Changed the game for me.
    It’s such a blast seeing them and literally watching them chase my bait.
    The best is when I’m drop shotting and smaller fish are nipping and looking at it and then a big one comes out of no where and hits it. So damn fun.

I haven’t tried perspective view so in shallow water it doesn’t work good but anything deeper than 8 fow it’s incredible imo

20. Member
    It is changed it completely. There are so many things fish do that I never knew they did.
    It has changed winter and summer fishing completely for me.

Watch fish swim in and out of brush piles. Target them when they're out by dropping a worm on their head. They can't resist

Won club tournament yesterday with a little bit over 17 lb. Could have been 25 had I fished clean. Fish the same spots I normally fish. Would have been dragging Carolina rig without scope. Was able to Target individual fish with the 10 inch worm. Amazing what you can do when you know exactly where they are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast