Beaver style punching baits

What beaver style trailer do you prefer on your punching rigs.i've been using Pitt Boss as well as Reaction Innovations Kinky Beaver and regular beavers. Just curious what else works for you.

2. Member
    Pit boss, bunker hawg are good. Sometimes using a gambler crawdaddy or bb cricket helps punch through when the pit boss and hawg are hanging up. All of them don't seem to last very long though before the hook starts poking through. I've had to change baits many times that never caught a fish due to this. Honestly I haven't noticed much difference in bait effectiveness when punching. To me it's more about getting it down through the mat efficiently, resulting in more water covered and more bites.

3. Member
    I like the Missile Baits D Bomb. Had a lot of luck with it this spring flipping lay downs with it. Held up fairly well.

4. Member
    The Gambler Stinger is similar to a beaver but has a thicker body where the hook lands it seems stay hooked better then some if your looking for different options in the same kind of profile

D-Bomb, Pit Boss, and Sweet Beaver... I have a ton of the D-Bomb but prefer the others tbh... D-Bombs are slippery...

6. Member
    Zoom Zcraw is the closest thing to a beaver style bait that I use.

7. Member
    D bomb or Sweet Beaver.

8. Member
    Berkley Bunker Hawg.

9. Member
    Zman Palmetto Bug has been good punching. It takes the beating that most baits dont going in and out of the mats.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
    Zman Palmetto Bug has been good punching. It takes the beating that most baits dont going in and out of the mats.
    This is a good point, I typically switch over to a Z Hog when punching into heavy matts/grass/etc as its a more streamlined bait. I'll have to give the Palmetto Bug a try.

I buy Bitter's bfm in bulk from the local tackle shop. You can order them online as well.

https://www.bittersbaitandtackle.com...y&path=179_181

Quote Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
    I rarely truly punch, but this is my choice when flipping/pitching/"dropping" grass almost every time. It holds up forever, plus it floats a 4/0 hook. Just make sure to ALWAYS use a straight shank with Z-Man. They love to ball up on an EWG in my experience.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

13. Member
    The Z-man Palmetto Bug is also great if you're punchin' with a Tokyo rig...stands out really well due to the Elaztec bouyancy. I also like the Netbait Dagger...excellent punchin' bait.

Reins predator

15. Member
    Thanks guys. Some good suggestions I didn't know existed.

I think there was another thread today about the same thing and catfish.......
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

17. Member
    D bomb on a straight shank