Customer No-service or is it just me?

I ordered a couple of NFC rods that showed they shipped last Saturday. That is last thing Fed Ex tracking shows. I called NFC to see if they could track the shipment. The very nice lady at NFC informed me that I should call Fed Ex and initiate a trace. She informed me that if the rods were lost, I would then need to file a claim with Fed Ex, then contact NFC warranty department and see if they would replace them.
    I told the nice young lady I couldn't believe they wanted me to do this as it shipped under their account and it isn't mine until I receive it. I didnt think I could file a claim on their account. She said that is how they do it and no one has complained before.
    I am the shipping manager where I work and 98% of our shipping is UPS / Fed Ex small package. I would never tell my customers to trace it themselves, file a claim on our account, then let me know what happens and we may make it right.

Am I wrong here?

2. Member
    In a normal world no, in today’s world it’s anybodies guess.

Pay by credit card if you got a good credit score file an complaint threw them to stop the payment. Or give it a couple days see if you get the rods. Cause sometimes I don’t trust tracking numbers. If you don’t get them guess you gotta do what you can.

4. Member
    I really like NFC blanks, but am getting really tired of their long fulfillment times. Worse order took 3 months, most others are a few weeks. I just plan for the long wait if I want one of their blanks now. Customer service though, I’ve had great experiences with. I’ve had 6 broken blanks, and they were replaced in a reasonable amount time, at no cost (other than my return shipping cost). Granted, that is a lot of broken rods (of about 20 made). Recently, I had 4 blanks shipped, all 4 had curved tips and one had a small “swollen” spot on the blank. One of the curved tips were so bad I decided to return that, along with the one with the bad spot. NFC didn’t hesitate and covered the return shipping cost and actually reshipped replacements in a couple of days. I’m a little disappointed in their quality control, but they are doing all they can to keep customers satisfied, at least in my experiences.

I too like the NFC blanks. In my experience, Strong, sensitive and very durable. I catch a lot of Salmon in the summer and their blanks are the best I’ve seen for durability and sensitivity in a 9-9.5 foot blank. I’ve broken many blanks on these strong fish. Not NFC. Now, with that said, I think their QC could be improved.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

6. Member
    NFC quality control is nothing short of terrible in my experience. The only blanks that I haven't had an issue with are the mirror finish x-rays... I've had so many quality control issues I'm not comfortable ordering one of any blank. One because I have no confidence I'll get the right blank, second because typically there are defects.

The customer service is slow, but they will take care of the issues. It's just maddening they can't produce blanks with any consistency, have so many defects, and quality control is non existent. Honestly I have no idea why I continue to use them as every order I've made has had an issue.

My recent and current experience is I ordered two MB706's and two CB704's. When I received the blanks I tested them with 12oz on the tip and it became clear I didn't have a match in either. I contacted them and they addressed it. So they sent me one of each blank assuming that I'd be able to match at least one of the blanks I already have. Well, I received a MB706 and CB704 (per the labels) and when I went to compare them its obvious I still don't have two of the same blanks in either MB or CB. The MB's each have different tip sizes and they flex differently (that's three blanks all labeled to be MB706). Same thing with the CB's although two of those seem to be somewhat close.... but certainly not exact. This is wildly inconsistent and not the first time. This is actually the second time I've tried ordering the MB706 only to not know what I actually received.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

7. Member
    Update: I received both rods today. I believe one rod has Peyronie's disease. The other one has what looks like dried resin or glue in a long run down one side of it.
    I'm still amazed at the level of customer no service. The girl on the phone was absolutely as nice as could be but on a scale of 1 to 10 she was conservatively a -2.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylevan View Post
    Update: I received both rods today. I believe one rod has Peyronie's disease. The other one has what looks like dried resin or glue in a long run down one side of it.
    I'm still amazed at the level of customer no service. The girl on the phone was absolutely as nice as could be but on a scale of 1 to 10 she was conservatively a -2.
    I had to look that up… laughing hysterically

I’ve had a lot of blanks from NFC with the same disease. Blows my mind just how bad their QC is.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS