Trim Stuck Up, Won’t go down

2004 Procraft 185 with a Mercury 150 xr6. I took boat to work so I could fish afterwards. While at work it came a monsoon. I walked outside to check on boat and my motor was trimmed all the way up. I tried to trim it down and nothing. I have a trim switch at the bow of boat so I disconnected it and tried to trim down from console and still nothing. I’m pretty sure water got in at the bow and tripped or fried something but I’m not sure where to begin looking. Side note, motor is trimmed all the way to where I can’t even lift up the lid to get to anything in back of boat (batteries and what not). I know there is a little piece on the side of motor I can unscrew to let some fluid out to let motor down but still doesn’t solve my problem. I was going to wait a few days for it to dry out in garage and try it again but if that don’t work I need some help trying to diagnose. Thanks

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moving your post to the correct (2.5L) forum for you. Please update your post to include the required Serial Number. Thanks!

Check for a fuse inside the engine cowling (there may be a couple of them, depending on your serial number). If you're lucky- one of them popped and saved other components.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thanks. I ended up figuring it out. It was the relay under cowl.