Question about my lower unit.

Motor is 94 promax. 150 2.5 EFI
    Came with a cle. When I got it had what I thought was a torque master with 2.0 gears. So I bent the prop and purchased a used torque master 2.0 and has different water inlets on side. Old lower has 8 holes and new has 4 holes.
    Are they both torque masters?
    Both fit and run same rpm.
    can
    Od935509

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No way for us to identify gearcases based solely on the number of water inlets on each side. Perhaps snap a couple of pictures...?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I will try the pictures.
    Never got pictures to post on here.
    But I guess that answers part of the question.
    A torque master ( not to say I have 2torque masters ) can have both 8 or 4
    Water inlets.
    can
    Od935509

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Correct.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor