Old Fault Codes not cleared after repair work completed

Don,

I just installed a Vessel View Mobile device and after it completed the paring it gave me 4 engine faults, one for Low Engine oil! I have had some engine faults including a low oil warning from the engine. I have had everything repaired including a new engine oil tank and a new oil pump that was leaking. In fact I recently had the engine gone over from top to bottom and several things were fixed and it is running an idling better then it ever has. I am suspecting the mechanics did not clear the faults in the onboard computer and now they are showing up in the Vessel View Mobile device. Is there any way to clear these faults without taking it back to the Mercury Mechanic I use? Can you clear the codes with the VV device?

William

ESN: 0T848192
    Model: 1150D73CD
    Max RPM 5600
    Idle WP: 7PSI
    WOT WP: 22PSI
    Analog Instruments
    No Engine Mods

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please provide the EXACT and PRECISE verbiage (or better yet, a screen shot) for the 4 faults you are receiving.

If you have active faults displaying, those are not "something that wasn't cleared" (they're active). They MAY or MAY NOT actually indicate a problem, depending on the precise fault.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Let's just say "Casper" is trying to keep you up to date on things.

1012-25: Ghost Fault (No trim sensor present). This can be safely blocked..

541-24: Ghost Fault (No SeaWater Temp Sensor Present). This can be safely blocked.

701-24: Ghost Fault Tank-A Sensor/Level (No Fuel Harness Present). This can be safely blocked.

711-24: Ghost Fault Oil Tank (Tank-2) Sensor/Level BOAT/REMOTE tank. (No fuel/oil harness present). This can be safely blocked.

451.25: Ghost Fault Pitot Pressure (No sensor present). This can be safely blocked.

NONE of the above faults will result in a warning horn (they are "Smartcraft Only" faults).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Don, Many thanks for your sage guidance and wisdom. I do wish I lived in the area so you would be taking care of my baby! Just to be sure, I went out at 0600 this morning and before putting the boat in the water, I pulled the hood on the engine and checked the internal oil tank...it was full!! Again thanks for your help!