Gville ramp recommendations

Thinking about coming down Saturday... what's the safest ramp to use? I haven't been down there in probably 4 or 5 years, In the past I've put in at goose pond and the Jackson county park. Suggestions?

2. Member
    Never a 100% guarantee anymore regarding safety but IMHO I'd recommend Waterfront, Goosepond, Scottsboro City Park and Jackson County Park in the Scottsboro area. On the lower end of Guntersville, Alreds/431 ramp, Spring Creek near Top of the River, and Tom Jackson Park on the east end of the 69 causeway.

Personally I use Goosepond the majority of the time since they expanded the ramps to 8 and the trailer parking.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

3. Member
    Ok thanks. I was thinking about going to waterfront. Can I still catch some shallow in the grass or are they all out on the ledges now?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    Ok thanks. I was thinking about going to waterfront. Can I still catch some shallow in the grass or are they all out on the ledges now?
    Can catch them about anyway that you want. Mostly fished deeper eel grass last Sunday, 7 to 10 ft around midlake on jigs. Caught about a dozen.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

5. Member
    I'll be watching this post. I was just wondering where guys who live in ARAB, Albertville, and Guntersville launch for their daily 3 hour fishing days?

6. Member
    Avoid the Comer Bridge ramp.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerJim View Post
    Can catch them about anyway that you want. Mostly fished deeper eel grass last Sunday, 7 to 10 ft around midlake on jigs. Caught about a dozen.

ok sounds good

8. Member
    Also considering going to Wilson. Never been there my buddy said he launches at Lock 6. Any recommendations for Wilson?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    Also considering going to Wilson. Never been there my buddy said he launches at Lock 6. Any recommendations for Wilson?
    Havent been in a long time but Lock 6 is probably ok. I assume Safety Harbor ramp by Wheeler Dam still has issues with the buzzards in the parking lot, I wouldnt recommend going there
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerJim View Post
    Havent been in a long time but Lock 6 is probably ok. I assume Safety Harbor ramp by Wheeler Dam still has issues with the buzzards in the parking lot, I wouldnt recommend going there
    i've heard about that place, definitely want to avoid that.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Avoid the Comer Bridge ramp.
    Anything good in that area?