Thread: Docking boat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Hope you pull your prop frequently.

I’ve never run over lines because they pull them in quick and start fishing off the other side.

The dock at one of the ramps I use is at least somewhat wide enough to accommodate people on both sides.

But another has docks that are barely wide enough to walk down single file. Yet there’s almost always some idiot sitting on a bucket with multiple rods laying around, a big cooler, tackle boxes etc.

Same people who’d have a hissy fit if you trolled within 50yds of their spot on the bank.

Yes. I just forget about it and move on. There are ignorant people everywhere.

3. #FRB
    I try to avoid lines at all costs but I'm coming in ready or not to use the BOAT RAMP. Luckily I rarely run into this problem. Years ago I was at the river and the current was strong. A guy came down to hold my boat so it wouldn't end up sideways on the ramp while I backed the trailer in because he could tell the idiots fishing off the pier I needed to tie to weren't going to pull their lines in. What you could do is show them a random spot "over there" where you caught a big one just the other day and tell them to go over there.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

4. Member
    The courtesy ramps are paid for by your boat registration. They aren't supposed to be fished from, at least around here. If I'm coming in and they're courteous I don't say anything. We used to have groups around here we called the "heathens." Back your trailer in the water and their kids would get on and ride it out. Just one kid falling off and getting hurt and you've lost everything.

Pretty sure it states somewhere in the USG rules, that "A boat shall have the right of way over anyone fishing from a Courtesy Dock whether posted or not "No Fishing" !! I make it REAL CLEAR to anyone on the dock that I AM coming in to use the dock, but in a "Friendly" way. At least the FIRST warning anyway !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

I’ve ran over peoples lines before. Oh well get out of the way.

7. Member
    Check your prop.

8. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Yes, asked them to move, then called the sheriff. They arrived quickly and kicked them out.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

9. Member
    I'm retired and don't fish tournaments anymore so I only fish during the week when the ramps are not so active and believe me I don't miss the crowded week ends at all. Have had the occasional bank fisherman on the docks but have never had a problem as they will reel in and give you so room.

I like having kids and parents, couples, singles, etc... around the docks, parking lots, in the grass. Fishing, swimming, picnicking, flying Frisbee, sunbathing, the more the merrier! Because the bad guys DON'T! If they are in the way, I am ok with that. Thats easy to deal with.I think there was about 100 converter thefts at the docks I frequent last year. Not sure how many this year. When there is only a couple of trailers there, and no one around, I feel like I am an easy target.

In my time I have run into this maybe 2 times.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12