Original bench seat

My boat is a '95 Ragin Cajun XL. When I bought the boat, the bench seat had been replaced with bassboat.com seats. The stitching is coming apart on these. It's not going to be cheap, but I want to redo in the original pattern of the bench seat this coming winter. If anyone still has the bench seat or pictures, I'd appreciate it. My email is chadjg1@gmail.com.

2. Member
    Try posting in the bass boat restoration forum. You might find somebody that knew who built the seats for Cajun. did you check with Deans? They are listed as a supplier

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

Here are pics of the original bench from my '95 Ragin Cajun XL after I removed it from the boat years ago. The wood in the seatbacks and base was completely rotten, and many of the seams were separating.

I ended up selling the original bench, and replaced it with Wise bucket seats, and built a custom center console between them.

Seat bases and console all tilt forward independently to still access full width storage below.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    I bought my 1995 Cajun Espirit 20 ft F/S in 2004. Currently in the process of recarpeting/rewiring/replumbing/floor & stringer repair.... In 2010 I needed the two front bucket seats and the three rear seats replaced. I looked around for third party aftermarket solutions, and wasn't happy with what I found. I then searched local shops, and wasn't happy with what I saw. I ended up shipping all five of the seats to Dean's Top and Canvas in Arkansas. Dean's was the original contractor for the Cajun seats. For less money than anything I could find online, I got back five beautiful seats, which even included the original Cajun red crawfish logos embroidered , and within a reasonable time, too. It is now 12 years later. They still look awesome. Do they look new? No. Are they still great looking seats.... not only yes, but hell yes. No sign of aging out, and they are absolutely OEM, as they built the seats for Mastercraft.

So, last year, I needed the side panels replaced. I pulled them, and rebuilt the wooden parts myself. I live in Iowa, and did a power drive down to deliver them to Dean's. It took a little time, if I recall correctly, but when they shipped them back to me, again, just as before, the result was absolutely first rate, and the color matched the seats, even though now 12 years later. And, for considerably less than any upholstery shop here within 50 miles... cause I checked out about 5. I ended up paying Dean's more than they quoted me, because that was what their work was worth to me....

That was my experience. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with staying with Dean's OEM seats, and you will not be disappointed.

John
    1995 Cajun Espirit 2000
    1998 200 hp Mercury EFI

5. Member
    Thanks for the replies guys. Completely forgot I posted this. I’ll check with Dean’s here in the future.