2021 falcon trailer won't back up

When I plug up trailer to truck it blows the back up fuse in truck. Install new fuse and check the truck plug and all is good. Plug trailer back up and the fuse blows again. I don't see any bad wires. Thanks for any help.

2. Member
    Is it a tube style trailer or c channel so you can inspect the entire length of wiring? You’re shorting out somewhere to blow a fuse like that.

3. Member
    You’re shorting out somewhere to blow a fuse like that.
    Did a conversion from a single to tandem last year. Same thing happened to me. Ended up rewiring my entire trailer so I knew I would find it eventually. It ended up being my light bar going across the back of the trailer that had a bare wire touching the frame. So I'm guessing you got a bare wire somewhere as well.

If it is a C channel trailer with washers welded along the length of the frame to route the wiring harness, check for spots where the wire is worn through from rubbing against the washers. In my case, the blue wire which supplies power to the backup lights and brake solenoid was on the outside of the wiring bundle so it took all the wear. I think this occurred from air flow when towing blowing the wire around inside the washer.
    drove me crazy trying to find the problem. Easy fix though.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    If it is a C channel trailer with washers welded along the length of the frame to route the wiring harness, check for spots where the wire is worn through from rubbing against the washers. In my case, the blue wire which supplies power to the backup lights and brake solenoid was on the outside of the wiring bundle so it took all the wear. I think this occurred from air flow when towing blowing the wire around inside the washer.
    drove me crazy trying to find the problem. Easy fix though.

Good inexpensive fix, Slit rubber hose might be good too.