Mega 360 under factory cover

Anyone try to squeeze the mega 360 under the factory cover? Got lucky and was able to find a 360 for sale, just curious if I'm going to have to get my cover modified to fit it.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

2. Member
    No problem on mine. I do turn the Ultrex so the prop is to port side, this puts the longer end of head inward and allows the cover to go below rubrail.
    Rad Brewer

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I fish 4 Bass View Post
    No problem on mine. I do turn the Ultrex so the prop is to port side, this puts the longer end of head inward and allows the cover to go below rubrail.
    Thanks. Got the 360 on my doorstep now (hopefully still there when I get home from work). Probably not going to fully install tonight (tournament tomorrow), but will maybe mock it up and see if it fits.

4. Member
    I did a quick mock-up and with the prop facing starboard, zero chance it will fit under the cover. Debating on modifying the cover vs changing the orientation. Any problems with your prop rubbing on the cover? I already have livescope so I’ll have to re-orient that as well.

another question, did you have to cut the shaft of your 360? Thanks

5. Member
    I simply loosen the three screws, remove the M360 unit from the trolling motor and stick it in a rod locker if I travel with the cover on. Seemed like the simplest solution for me. I do drape a towel over the adapter bracket to protect the cover from the edge of the bracket. Works well and the cover fits like it should.
    Ted
    2021 Z19 Pro

6. Member
    Prop doesn’t damage cover when stowed either way. I did not modify the shaft. It can be done if you require. Not sure why you hesitate to turn the prop (Ultrex head) orientation. It is a simple turn with the foot pedal.
    If you’re worried about prop damaging cover, get a cheap basketball and cut a slit in it, put it over prop before putting cover on. I don’t do this but it would work.
    Rad Brewer

7. Member
    Prop doesn’t damage cover when stowed either way. I did not modify the shaft. It can be done if you require. Not sure why you hesitate to turn the prop (Ultrex head) orientation. It is a simple turn with the foot pedal.
    If you’re worried about prop damaging cover, get a cheap basketball and cut a slit in it, put it over prop before putting cover on. I don’t do this but it would work.
    Not a huge hesitation, just have to change the install side of my livescope transducer before I can install it that way. Thinking I'll do it that way, thanks. Do you have live imaging transducer on your boat? Thinking I'll likely have to move mine from a shaft mount to a trolling motor head mount to have enough clearance for the 360 shaft on the head of the trolling motor. Thanks for the help.

8. Member
    Got my 360 installed, it ended up just barely fitting under the cover. I tried turning the motor the other way like suggested earlier, not sure if the z20 is different or my trolling motor is at a different angle, but it didn't give me any more room for the cover. I may book my local upholstery shop to modify the cover to make it fit a little better, but no big hurry. I figure on a long road trips / long storage periods I can just loosen the 3 bolts and stick the 360 under the rod strap on the deck for a little more room on the cover