CX19 Leaning towards starboard side at low speeds

Breaking in my CX19 and I notice that the boat leans to the right pretty good until you reach about 35-40.
    I have the AGM starting battery on the right side (me at 180lbs) and 3 Ionic 50's on the Port.
    I have ensured the Manual jack-plate is level.
    Do these boats need weight in the rear with heavy batteries?

Very impressed so far with the boat, just need to get it balanced out. :)

Thank you!

2. Member
    I have seen many guys move over one trolling motor battery to starboard side to solve this issue. But you say yours leans the opposite way. But with lonic 50s, it might help with filling port side live well. With a passenger also will help.Even weight in front starboard locker. If it keeps leaning where it bothers you, you could look up weight of lonic 50s and compensate with moving battery changer over some, if you run a lot by yourself. Many have said these boats do like weight in the backs. We all have our likes. Lots of guys just throttle on through it, but I like my boat mostly level at any speeds, especially crashing through rough water.

3. Member
    If you will set your trim at about 7 it should get up and go straight. When i was working we would sometimes run a long bolt threw the holes from starb side to port side between the trim cylinders, you will see holes on each side. Tritons, Stratos, Caymas boats most all had this little thing from the way the hulls are designed. Give the trim thing a try and see if that doesn't take care of that little problem.

4. Member
    Thanks Rodney, I'll give that a shot next time out.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasteria View Post
    Thanks Rodney, I'll give that a shot next time out.
    Please report back to us, works great on my 20