Voltage affecting livescope image?

Does lower battery voltage have an affect on the livescope image? Seems like as the day goes on, I see more and more noise on my livescope screen as my battery wears down.

I'm running 2 102sv, a 73sv, GLS10 + LVS32, and a Steadycast, plus livewell pump off of a Proguide 24M800 cranking battery. Is this just not enough battery for everything I'm running off of it? I'll usually see 11.5 volts or less on my console unit after a few hours of fishing and by then my livescope image is very noisy. Motor still starts no problem.

I also have an issue where my bow units show .5-.6 volts lower than my console unit. I think I need to run larger wire to the front of my boat, I used 14 gauge when I put everything on the boat. I wouldn't think I would see a half volt drop over just 6-7 feet of wire.
    2022 Lowe Stinger 175C - Mercury 60hp Fourstroke
    Garmin Force
    Garmin 102sv at console
    Garmin 102sv and 73sv on stowaway mount on the bow
    Livescope

2. Member
    What I’ve noticed is it’s all about the position of the sun. When it’s overhead you will continue to have to make adjustments.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loser View Post
    What I’ve noticed is it’s all about the position of the sun. When it’s overhead you will continue to have to make adjustments.
    Hmm, I never thought about that.

Seems like it does the same thing whether I start fishing in the morning or afternoon though.
    Garmin Force
    Garmin 102sv at console
    Livescope

Quote Originally Posted by Paleus View Post
    Hmm, I never thought about that.

Seems like it does the same thing whether I start fishing in the morning or afternoon though.
    You have a cranking battery with 135 minutes of reserve capacity and wire that is way to small per: Garmin recommendation. I would bet $ if you wire the unit direct with 10AWG and a cut off switch like Garmin suggest and get a cranking battery with 200 or more minutes of reserve capacity your problems will disappear. As for the wire just make sure it 10 AWG MARINE wire. There is a difference between marine wire and regular wire. I can list 4-5 batteries I would recommend that range in price from $180-$450.

5. Member
    Simple answer to your question. NO. Been tested by many.

6. Member
    If you are within operating range of your battery/unit you should not experience any problems with the image of livescope. In my experience I did see my image degraded when my battery voltage dropped below 11v.

7. Member
    I ran 12 gauge wire direct to my battery and it solved both the voltage drop and the livescope image issues. Also seems like my battery lasts longer.
    Garmin Force
    Garmin 102sv at console
    Livescope

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loser View Post
    It could have something to do with how microbes and plankton react to light intensity.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

9. Member
    There is a reason a lot of people are using a stand alone lithium battery! I'm running a Humminbird Apex 13, a Solix 12, a Lowrance HDS12, and a Garmin 1222 with the GLS10. All powered by an X2 Battery with a Sea Clear harness. My power degrades pretty quickly to around 11.5. I have an Amped Outdoors 48Ah in route.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Once again, pretty simple. Add up your amp draw of all electronics connected and multiply that by the number of hours you want to run them.

This is assuming proper size wire and good connections.

11. Member
    My GLS10 and two 93SV's were connected to my cranking battery using 12 ga. wire. I hooked the GLS10 to its own battery and the image is considerably clearer.