Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    Go with the raptors. Not sure what on earth this K guys is referencing comparing them to a pro II, the raptor has features the blades don't. I just have to say, everyone will always tell you about power poles CS, because everyone that's ever owned a power pole has had issues. If they didn't have the worlds best customer service, they'd just be know for having an insane amount of issues. I have nothing against blades, but i owned them for less than a year and had significant issues. Did they take care of me, absolutely. But as soon as they were fixed i ditched them and i've since owned talons for 6 years with zero issues. My next anchors will undoubtedly be raptors. I have no stick in the fight, not sponsored and i don't sell them, just my $.02. You truly cannot go wrong with any of today's shallow water anchors.
    I have had no issues at all with power pole, talked to a couple people with Tallons when I was looking to buy shallow water anchors and they both said to stay away from them and get poles instead so that is what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    Go with the raptors. Not sure what on earth this K guys is referencing comparing them to a pro II, the raptor has features the blades don't. I just have to say, everyone will always tell you about power poles CS, because everyone that's ever owned a power pole has had issues. If they didn't have the worlds best customer service, they'd just be know for having an insane amount of issues. I have nothing against blades, but i owned them for less than a year and had significant issues. Did they take care of me, absolutely. But as soon as they were fixed i ditched them and i've since owned talons for 6 years with zero issues. My next anchors will undoubtedly be raptors. I have no stick in the fight, not sponsored and i don't sell them, just my $.02. You truly cannot go wrong with any of today's shallow water anchors.
    Yeah pretty neat how smashing anchors through the rafters of the storage unit and the company responds with, hey we got you. And or the things have literally ran for 40 days on my boat and they are like oh you need some spikes here you go 2nd day air. Or yeah that stuff that you just abuse hanging off the back that you get stuck in a tree or under a dock or smash on a bridge, here you go fix it on us, 2nd day air, boom haha my minnkota has an issue, "please drop it off and we may get to it this week" lol you saying they have good customer service is all they have because they have insane amounts of issues is ridiculous. They are the one real customer service I have ever worked with. The rest are problem mitigators with the company's interest as number one and the consumer number two.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    In terms of quality of build, the order would be:

1.Raptors
    2. PP Blades
    3. PP Pro 2

Raptors are just a better mousetrap than PP, stronger and more rigid. I see lots of bass boats running around with PowerPoles that wobble all over the place. You could lift a boat off the ground by the Raptors.

However, the stomp switch connectivity of Raptors is an issue. It is inconsistent and Minn Kota needs to figure it out.
    Last edited by Hydro870; 06-19-2022 at 11:02 PM.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by WranglerSS View Post
    You do realize Bluetooth is radio frequency too right? The difference between the two is the frequency. BT is 2.4GHz and the other is 900mhz.
    while yes bluetooth is a form of RF it is one that has a shorter range doesn't operate well thru objects. (Such as transmitting thru fiberglass and aluminum hatches at distances as well as unconnecting and needing constant connectivity. Non bluetooth RF however is not just 900mhz .. it operates from 900 to 3.4 ghz and over a wider and longer range.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 06-20-2022 at 10:57 AM.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Yeah pretty neat how smashing anchors through the rafters of the storage unit and the company responds with, hey we got you. And or the things have literally ran for 40 days on my boat and they are like oh you need some spikes here you go 2nd day air. Or yeah that stuff that you just abuse hanging off the back that you get stuck in a tree or under a dock or smash on a bridge, here you go fix it on us, 2nd day air, boom haha my minnkota has an issue, "please drop it off and we may get to it this week" lol you saying they have good customer service is all they have because they have insane amounts of issues is ridiculous. They are the one real customer service I have ever worked with. The rest are problem mitigators with the company's interest as number one and the consumer number two.
    well said. Signed "this K guy" lol

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydro870 View Post
    You could lift a boat off the ground by the Raptors.
    They lift my tracker with a 90 off the trailer if it unstrapped. Won't lift it with the trailer but gives an honest effort.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    while yes bluetooth is a form of RF it is one that has a shorter range doesn't operate well thru objects. (Such as transmitting thru fiberglass and aluminum hatches at distances as well as uncaring and needing constant connectivity. Non bluetooth RF however is not just 900mhz .. it operates from 900 to 3.4 ghz and over a wider and longer range.
    Never said non Bluetooth was just 900mhz. In fact RF range is from 9Khz to 300Ghz.
    2013 Bullet 21XRD
    2020 Mercury 300R 1E080760
    3 Garmin 126SV
    LVS34/LVS32
    Ultrex with iPilot Link
    8' Raptors

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Never said non Bluetooth was just 900mhz. In fact RF range is from 9Khz to 300Ghz.
    no you said rf was 900mhz and bluetooth was 2.4 ghz. The fact remains bluetooth connectivity for remotes on shallow water anchors sucks and the guys with raptors and talons agree. maybe minn kota needs to change to a better frequency? im not a bluetooth expert however i know anything i have that connects via bluetooth has to be constantly paired and is a hassle

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewM-Fishing View Post
    They lift my tracker with a 90 off the trailer if it unstrapped. Won't lift it with the trailer but gives an honest effort.
    That’s impressive! Raptors are incredibly strong. Overbuilt would be the best word to describe them.

10. Member
    no you said rf was 900mhz and bluetooth was 2.4 ghz. The fact remains bluetooth connectivity for remotes on shallow water anchors sucks and the guys with raptors and talons agree. maybe minn kota needs to change to a better frequency? im not a bluetooth expert however i know anything i have that connects via bluetooth has to be constantly paired and is a hassle
    I have Talons and they work every time and never have to be re-paired. What I have noticed is if you don't sell a certain brand you trash it. Which is why I would never buy anything from you.
    2013 Bullet 21XRD
    2020 Mercury 300R 1E080760
    3 Garmin 126SV
    LVS34/LVS32
    Ultrex with iPilot Link
    8' Raptors

11. Member
    921.23-922.73 Mhz is what power pole operates at .. not 900-2.4 for what that is worth

12. Member
    the diff between bluetooth connectivity ( talons and Raptors) vs RF on Power Pole. There is a Reason Power Pole sticks to RF
    When you go on the PP website and look at each model "bluetooth" is under the Includes section. Have they recently changed?

13. Member
    I have Talons and they work every time and never have to be re-paired. What I have noticed is if you don't sell a certain brand you trash it. Which is why I would never buy anything from you.
    I have ran BT Talons since they came out and have never had to re-pair any of them.
    "We all have it commin kid....." Will Munny

14. Member
    I had Talons on my last boat, the Bluetooth was never a problem. I have Raptors on my current boat, the Bluetooth is an issue. I believe the reason is that the Bluetooth receptor for the Talons is on the Talons out in the open air. Whereas the Bluetooth on the Raptors is on the pumps, stuffed down in a closed compartment in the bottom of my boat.

Following…I want the raptors but absolutely will not be buying them with connectivity issues. They have to work when you hit the button or they’re useless.

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I'm not trashing it. Nor do I trash brands I dont sell ask anyone who calls or had purchased from me. Im just honest. If a product is bad or flawed I'll let ya know. I'm simply confirming what everyone else who has connectivity issues w there minn kota remotes is saying and telling you why they have it and PP doesnt. The fact you don't have a issue like everyone else that's great lucky you.. It's ashame you feel that way but to each his own. I don't sell talons for a reason. I would and may sell raptors in the future and if I do will still tell you there good points as well as flaws before buying. Some respect honesty you view it as negativity. I'm brutaly honest. I haven't had great things to say about the powerpole charge recently does that mean I'm trashing a product I do sell? I don't believe in a single 24 volt or 36 volt lithium battery setup for many reasons even though we offer them and I let customers know that as well. I gain more business for my honesty vs losing some like yours as you perceive it as negativity.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 06-21-2022 at 09:27 PM.

17. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    When you go on the PP website and look at each model "bluetooth" is under the Includes section. Have they recently changed?
    Power Pole uses Bluetooth connectivity to the phone app as well as to lowrance and now some Garmin graphs . They do not use bluetooth for connectivity to any of there remotes or foot switches. . Nothing has changed

18. Member
    I can't comment on the Raptors, because I've never had them.

However, I have dealt with PowerPole customer service and they were outstanding.

I have also dealt with MinnKota customer service and they were NOT outstanding.

I went with PowerPoles on my new boat based on this. It pays to take care of your customers.

19. Member
    Love my Raptors. Remotes and the foot pedal switch work great. Zero issues. I just didn't like the stomp buttons. Don't feel it's a Bluetooth issue but a design problem with the stomp buttons. I'm sure Minn Kota will have something to replace them soon as they are always coming out with something new. As for customer service, I haven't needed them. I didn't need them with my old talons either. Nobody buys a car or truck because of their customer service. We want to buy vehicles that are reliable so we don't need customer service. I feel it's the same with every product.

Quote Originally Posted by BassDad824 View Post
    Love my Raptors. Remotes and the foot pedal switch work great. Zero issues. I just didn't like the stomp buttons. Don't feel it's a Bluetooth issue but a design problem with the stomp buttons. I'm sure Minn Kota will have something to replace them soon as they are always coming out with something new. As for customer service, I haven't needed them. I didn't need them with my old talons either. Nobody buys a car or truck because of their customer service. We want to buy vehicles that are reliable so we don't need customer service. I feel it's the same with every product.
    ^^^^ This
    The only issue I have had is with the addition of the stomp switches. Even then it has been very little when they had to be reprogrammed/reset. The other switches besides stomp switches have/are flawless. They are rock solid and HB customer service in my opinion is very good. Be nice, be respectful over the phone and they have been good to deal with. Just common sense and courtesy.
    Both PP and HB anchoring systems are excellent ... bashing one against the other for whatever reasons is not warranted. This from a consumer who has had both with no ties/sponsorship to either.
    2024 Bass Cat Puma STS
    2024 Mercury V8 ProXS 250hp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast