Thread: Garmin PS-22

Garmin PS-22

Been out six months with back problems and finally had surgery. Went out in the boat yesterday and my Garmin 93SV UHD won't load the Panoptix. I have turned on and off a multitude of times, unplugged and replugged, wiggled and jiggled wires to no end. I have went back several updates and still nothing. It was working fine when I had to park the boat 6 months back. Anyone have a suggestion before it goes in the trash?

Did you go to the home screen and see if Panoptix showed up

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

3. Member
    Don't throw it in the trash whatever you do!
    Send it to me, lol!
    Hope you find a solution.
    Anyone else you know have a unit for you to test it on?

4. Member
    Nothing on the home screen, or any other screen, I have 2 ea 93 SV units, one is a UHD and the other just plain (# SV and it doesn't connect on either unit. Worked just fine before the boat sat for 6 months.

Check fuse on power wire to the PS22. 93sv wont see it if it's not powered up separately.

6. Member
    Checked all the fuses and power with meter, all good. It's like it's not even there and like I said it was working, just after I had to wait so long for surgery and recovery it just went away, absolutely nothing on the boat was changed in the time.

7. Member
    One of my 93+ units does that with the PS30 I have networked to it. Some times it works, but more often that not, the PS30 Panoptix doesn't show up when I turn it on. When it happens, I partially unsnap the unit from the cradle and snap it back in. Every time I do that it then shows up. That 93+ unit does it whether in the cradle on the bow or the console. My other 93+ units don't have the issue and all have the same software. Beats me whats going on, but at least I can easily get it fired up each time it does that.

Could be low voltage.

9. Member
    Thanks guys, I have already done all the above, I am thinking about calling Garmin to see if I could send it in being it's obsolete in their eyes to see if it just went bad, who knows. I know it's not ever good for electronics to just sit. Looks LS is in the near future.

10. Member
    I have one that I just pulled off my boat for sale if you're interested.
    2019 Xpress X21 Pro
    Yamaha SHO 250

11. Member
    Finally figured out why it quit, blown fuse, imagine that. And I had checked them all previously so still figuring that on out.

Maybe something in the head unit cause all this, seems like after the last update things started downhill.

Started evaluating the problem and find out its toast. Put a new fuse in and it blew before I could let go of it. Removed the cable from the 93 unit and put in another fuse, blew instantly, jiggled the wires, blew 3 more fuses so I guess the puck is bad. Worked fine the last outing before this 6 month ordeal with my back an surgery. Went bad just sitting, very strange. So I called Garmin, and I hope no-one has to converse with the smart azz I got on the phone, long story short he knew less then I do about the Garmin equipment I have. They sent me a return for it, with that and $250.00 more dollars on an obsolete piece of equipment, at least maybe I can get back to fishing, after I build me some steps, back surgery still sucking at this point.