Z 20 brake actuator

Mine is 6 years old and has always been a little jerky going over bridges and railroad tracks. Greasing the tongue zerks have helped in the past. I always have it checked out in the fall when I have everything serviced and no problem has been reported. It is really letting the boat slam back and forth now and it is getting on my nerves. Is there anything I can do to help this situation or is it time for a new actuator?

2. Member
    I replaced the brake fluid in the master cylinder and was surprised how much that helped the jerking of the trailer when you stop and start. I have a 2019 Z20 with tandem axles, only one axle has brakes. There is only one bleeder valve on my trailer. Just make sure the bottle you dump the old fluid into is higher than the bleeder valve,

3. Member
    So you are saying take it somewhere and have the brake fluid replaced? Should I have any parts replaced while I am at it.

4. Member
    Below is some info on actuators and maintenance and also a video on solo brake bleeding. The only other thing I learned was to elevate the discharge bottle above the bleeder valve.

If you are taking it in, then have them check brake pads and make sure everything is functioning properly.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...42H4VzTn3_FPUQ

5. Member
    I’ve had some troubles with mine as well, have had to bleed them twice with a buddy. Even though they work better after bleeding, they still don’t seem to work great. Pretty sure that reverse lockout actuator has never worked on mine either, I have to pin it before backing.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    I’ve had some troubles with mine as well, have had to bleed them twice with a buddy. Even though they work better after bleeding, they still don’t seem to work great. Pretty sure that reverse lockout actuator has never worked on mine either, I have to pin it before backing.
    I also read to push hard on the master cylinder when done bleeding to pressurize system before using.

Is the trailer still under warranty? I'd get the reverse solenoid checked or replaced for the amount of money you spend on the boat.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrebass View Post
    I also read to push hard on the master cylinder when done bleeding to pressurize system before using.

Is the trailer still under warranty? I'd get the reverse solenoid checked or replaced for the amount of money you spend on the boat.
    Nah, well out of warranty. This time of year no way I’m leaving it at a dealers for weeks on end either way
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

8. Member
    i have a 2011 tandam axle under my Z7 last year i replaced the actuator and the brake hubs after 3 months of bandaids like it came from the factory now did it in a day by myself and i am 70 years old