Graph help - won’t show depth or info

Ultrex Ilink with network box
    helix 10 and 9 g4

sometimes when I deploy my ultrex my water depth is zero or 1000 feet and my graphs display rainbow stripes if on chirp and yellow stripes if on hd. I have to pull ultrex out and turn off graphs. I redeploy ultrex andctjem turn on 1 graph at a time. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes front graph does it sometimes console graph does it. I hope that is detailed enough.

opinions? Fixes. First season using everyrhing. New Vexus.

thanks!

2. Member
    What Ultrex transducer? Is it a built in US2, DI, or SI? Or do you have a transducer mounted on it? What transducer is selected for 2D?
    Rad Brewer

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I fish 4 Bass View Post
    What Ultrex transducer? Is it a built in US2, DI, or SI? Or do you have a transducer mounted on it? What transducer is selected for 2D?

sorry built in DI

the ultrex DI one I assume. I'm going to go check. its not just 2D (chirp messed up its DI also

4. Member
    My bow 10 inch is selected for 2d up front. From the ultrex. At back console 9 I use the sdi transducer in back and 2d is selected with that transducer.

5. Member
    Well just to throw it out there I found out what was wrong. After talking with Minkota a bunch of times and then Hummingbird I discovered I had the wrong transducer selected overall. I had the non built in version DI version selected vs built in DI version.

Obviously a very rookie mistake, but it's my first boat.

Hummingbird support was awesome. They were so helpful walking me though all my settings to check on everything. Explained a few other things I should look at while on the water and helped me out with some other beginner questions. I was pretty impressed. At least it wasn't a hardware issue. I have been out with it 2 times since and it's perfect now. Today was my first time on blogger water with my buddy. Started marking waypoints and playing around with routes and paths. I really am happy so far with the electronics.

6. Member
    It can be complicated. Congratulations on getting it figured out and thanks for sharing your fix. Might help others down the road.

7. Member
    I figured I would post back. I always try to cause I am in that boat alot of times looking for answers find the same issue and no report back of what maybe fixed it so hopefully it will help someone else, but I think I made a pretty rookie mistake. lol

8. Member
    Well, at least you have the excuse that you ARE a rookie. Me, not so much, but I still make them!