Thread: XB21 2+2?

XB21 2+2?

Been really thinking about this boat lately. I have 5 people in my family who all like to go riding down the River or lake from time to time. How is this boat for been a family lake cruiser and a true fishing machine at the same time? I have never seen one in person but I think it may fit the bill better than some other options I have been looking at.

2. Member
    Pm sent

3. Member
    As far as seating for 5, seats are low, so they require more legroom than you might think. If you are planning on seating 3 adults across the back, it will be tight. Kids ok. As for fishing, I have no serious issues. I have a bad back, so I'm a sitter instead of a stander. I have 2 12" head units side by side, along with a ghost and a separate AT pole on the bow. I normally have 7 (total) rods strapped to the deck on either side in front of the console. I have the front center storage full of 3700s and the 2 front side storage areas are only half full. As for the cockpit area, I can put as many as 8 more rods in the rod trays and another 5 per side in the under gunnel storage. Not that I carry or own that many rods. I have 1 head unit mounted on an arm at the console. When fishing with a second person, their tackle can go either in the two rear side boxes, and/or on the cockpit floor. I have a lot of available storage that isn't utilized, but I don't feel like I'm leaving anything at home that I might need. This is my 4th Allison. I have been so impressed with ride quality. One thing about an Allison that isn't discussed much is the fuel economy. I'm not a speed demon. I usually run 45 to 55 and the boat just sips gas. Good to know if you are planning on cruising. As an FYI, my 2+2 is a 2006. The bow and console are very different on the newer ones.
    Last edited by motobuffy; 06-04-2022 at 06:05 AM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motobuffy View Post
    As far as seating for 5, seats are low, so they require more legroom than you might think. If you are planning on seating 3 adults across the back, it will be tight. Kids ok. As for fishing, I have no serious issues. I have a bad back, so I'm a sitter instead of a stander. I have 2 12" head units side by side, along with a ghost and a separate AT pole on the bow. I normally have 7 (total) rods strapped to the deck on either side in front of the console. I have the front center storage full of 3700s and the 2 front side storage areas are only half full. As for the cockpit area, I can put as many as 8 more rods in the rod trays and another 5 per side in the under gunnel storage. Not that I carry or own that many rods. I have 1 head unit mounted on an arm at the console. When fishing with a second person, their tackle can go either in the two rear side boxes, and/or on the cockpit floor. I have a lot of available storage that isn't utilized, but I don't feel like I'm leaving anything at home that I might need. This is my 4th Allison. I have been so impressed with ride quality. One thing about an Allison that isn't discussed much is the fuel economy. I'm not a speed demon. I usually run 45 to 55 and the boat just sips gas. Good to know if you are planning on cruising. As an FYI, my 2+2 is a 2006. The bow and console are very different on the newer ones.
    Thanks for the information. I think that there was a guy in Texas not too far from me that had one a few years ago so I my try and see if he still has it. So I can get up close and personal with one.

5. Member
    You are welcome. If you want to ask any questions, send me a pm with your phone # and a couple of times that are convenient for you.

6. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    motobuffy summed it up pretty good. I owned a 2+2 as my first, 2008 model. Yes seating in the rear is kinda tight. I only had passengers in the back seats twice and both times were at the rally which is why I traded for my 2013 Bassport Pro 2 seater.

There is a full bench seat option for the rear seats just like in the XB21 ProSport. Actually the Prosport may be a better option for you and the family. I think there is more room in the cockpit area.

I'm assuming you've been on Allison's website? YOur best bet is to visit the factory
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

7. Member
    I am glad to see this thread. I have a family of four and am a weekend bass fisherman as much as I can. With that being said I’ve been eyeing up the 2+2 for several years now and am looking at pulling the trigger. I currently own a Stratos 294 PRO XL with a Yamaha SHO and have about 2’ of garage space on either end to play with. If I go to the 2+2 route should I expect to loose much garage space since Allison is about 2’ longer or the real question will it fit? I’ve proposed this question on a previous thread and is really my only concern before I make a purchase.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo6 View Post
    I am glad to see this thread. I have a family of four and am a weekend bass fisherman as much as I can. With that being said I’ve been eyeing up the 2+2 for several years now and am looking at pulling the trigger. I currently own a Stratos 294 PRO XL with a Yamaha SHO and have about 2’ of garage space on either end to play with. If I go to the 2+2 route should I expect to loose much garage space since Allison is about 2’ longer or the real question will it fit? I’ve proposed this question on a previous thread and is really my only concern before I make a purchase.
    Stevo6, I have a 2+2 with 12" setback and a 300R, single axle without the swing away tongue. I will measure it tonight and let you know the length of mine.
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport 2+2
    Mercury 300R

9. Member
    I have a 2003 XB21 2+2 Bassport, tandem axle trailer, no swing away tongue, motor trimmed down, 8 inch set back on motor and i am at 25 feet give or take an inch.

10. Member
    Sfstorm thanks for the feedback.

11. Member
    If you have any questions I might be able to help you with let me know.